Skip to content
restart weight loss
Anon_140224 posted:
want to know how to receive support to restart my weight loss project. I started to log food on web md site today. I am starting at the same weight I was in 2010 when I first signed into web md. Lost 20 lbs, then life just gets in the way. I am thinking that I need to find some outside encouragement to stick to it. I don't seem to be able to do it by myself. any hints to keep me focused?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi 140224
welcome aboard we are a pretty good support group here
What I did to stay focused was to concentrate on nutrition and avoiding proccessed foods congrats on the 20 pounds removed you must have done something that worked .
I find that dieting is annoying make some changes in eating habits that you can live with forever and if you slip we all do get right back on plan asap
I have been maintaining a 98 pound weight removal for the last 9 ish almost 10 years I still check in here to keep myself focused on my journey
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy's right, HI btw! , dieting is annoying and at best, works only for the short term. With diets they hand you a set criteria and say, no matter what, this is the only way to do it. Plain and simple BS.
Every single person who has to lose weight has to do it on their own terms and has to accommodate their own lifestyle. Small changes for the better, eating less precooked processed foods and eating more raw fresh veggies/fruits, cooking FROM SCRATCH with fresh low fat meats, using less sodium, and cooking fats..... Every single little thing that you change for the better, will make an impact on your journey.
If you like sandwiches, try romaine leaves to wrap your "stuff" in instead of using bread. That saves an average of at least 140 calories from 2 slices of bread not used.
Find or develop "skinny" recipe versions of you favorite meals.
Use 0 calorie cooking spray instead of fats to cook in. Or just a tiny bit of olive oil or grapeseed oil. Coat the item to be cooked and NOT the whole bottom of the pan, it saves on unnecessary calories.
This is a great, GREAT group to come to for inspiration and support. I wouldn't have been able to do what I've accomplished without these ppl on this blog.
Blog, drink water, drink water and blog, lol make sure you log your intake and your exercises. Set mini goals that feel attainable and just envision the end goal at the end of the tunnel. The mini goals are like stepping stones along the way. When you reach a mini, don't forget to give yourself a small reward. Nail polish, a massage, haircut, something that makes you feel good about yourself and this new way of life.
Don't sweat it and don't kick yourself over falling off the wagon and having a munchy day. GET OVER IT and MOVE ON. It's only one day lost, there are way more you'll find that you stayed on track.
if you need help we r here. for everything. the good the bad and the ugly.... blog it and let us share the load.
welcome aboard
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 184.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

blondie454u responded:
You've already gotten some great advice so welcome!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

cm2bme replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks for your response. You are right, the small changes will add up to results, I will have to be patient. It has been 26 to 31 years to gain all this weight, and I'm sure it will take a while to lose it too. I am inspired by knowing that it is a goal I can do. Thanks, Carol
Carol SW 270 CW 265 Goal under 175 Be kind to yourself!

totallywiggedout replied to cm2bme's response:
Hey Carol. One week and 5 lbs down I see. Not too shabby, eh? Congrats in a big way.
Eating the fruits at lunch is a great start. Try fresh baby carrots and some celery logs filled with small amounts of peanut butter too. Great "fillers" that go so much further and do so much more for your health than the usual things like chips and crackers as lunchtime sides.
I hope all is well with you, keep us informed about yourself and your journey, kk?
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi again Carol, sorry, lol went surfing for the site I wanted to share with you and everyone else....
For your snack attack times. Always, always , ALWAYS drink a full bottle of water first. Then wait 5 min or so afterward to see if your body wasn't actually trying to tell you it was thirsty. If you are still hungry, do the fresh veggies thing.... OR before you go off to work, pop up some popcorn to put into 2-3 seperate smaller ziplocks. Carry them all with you, but only munch on what you need.
Here's a really good site for homemade "gourmet" popcorn flavorings. Take these with a grain of salt though.... LITE SALT , I mean. Do some thinking about each recipe you want to try. Make LIGHTER choices, like if it says butter, try PAM butter flavored spray on the popcorn instead. It's 0 calories and doesn't taste all that bad, I do it.

http://www.budget101.com/frugal/gourmet-popcorn-mixes-195/

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim those Popcorn thing recipes seem to have a ton of calories if made the way intended . one I was interested in was poppycock that one I used to buy if I knew about how it was made I would never have bought it . a whole cup of butter and tons of sugar , I think just plain butter flavored spray and a tad of salt will do fine . I think they might be usefull for a large gathering party situation maybe , but snacks for weight loss no ...
bad idea

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy, I was actually hoping that people would just use this page as a sort of springboard for their own creativity. There are a few recipes in that list that the only things to cut down on or change are the salt and the butter. Both easily exchanged for PAM and lite salt or way less salt.
As for the caramel and or toffee toppings type topped popcorn, obviously they are the devils in the mix. As in order to make a true toffee or caramel , it's basicly a mix of butter and sugars. Even with these, with a little ingenuity, I think they can be done. Using , say, sugar free pancake syrup and only a tsp of butter, cooked down till thick, I think that would work. It was just a site to look at and to get your juices flowing to try new combinations of seasonings and to try to find "journey suitable" substitutions for some of the faves like Poppycock. It can be done with less fat and sugar, you just have to close your eyes and imagine it, and sort of do the "what if".
huggs
k

Hi Kim I think it was my prefference for sweets that had me looking at the ones with caramel and toffee . so far i don;t accualy thin down any thing I just try to indulge in a one serveing way ... and I avoid buying anything allready made
since at one time while gaining weight I bought the poppycock and ate it by the package ... I was cureous
as to how it was made ... well what a shock to me what I had been eating at one time thinking healthy food popcorn almonds pecans I had no idea that the sweetness was made with so much sugar and butter per 4 cups popcorn
was a shock to me ...LOL
I use real mayo real butter just smaller amounts
I hate the diet products

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, me too. I use real butter, but I gotta have my Miracle Whip light. There's just something about real mayo that bugs my palette. Yucko.

I've always known about caramel and toffee corn mixes. But that knowledge didn't stop me from indulging in boxes of poppycock too. That and Fiddle Faddle. Literally TONS of butter and sugar in them. That's why this weekend, in honor of your sweettooth and our journies, I will be doing some experimenting with different LITE toffees to see if I can make something "close" to the original mixes but better for us. I will keep you informed as to cookery results.
Perhaps I can bring in a "faux Poppycock" that we can eat without guilt, lol
huggs
k

Hi Kim my mom allways bought the miracle whip,,I used to prefer it when I was a little child got into mayo when I lived in Arizonza...It has a rich flavor .. But today I buy stuff I believe has better ingredients in them the more weird sounding stuff stays off my grocery list..I don;t use any artificle sweeteners either

mefirstforever replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,

I also like butter and use it sparsely. No artificial sweeteners, I put a bit of brown sugar in my oatmeal yum!! or banana to sweeten it.
I can't stand miracle whip it's much to sweet. I love mayo but I by the low cal olive oil mayo.
I remember my hb making a mistake and buying a big jar of miracle whip and I found dessert recipes to use it up.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene
thats something I heard when a manufacturer make low fat foods they add more sugar to compensate so the calories
are about the same .. when I read the labels real mayo has healthy ingredients in it ... so I just use it sparingly or mix it will some yogurt to cut down on fats I buy plain fat free yogurt the greek style...it can be used in many things ..
I also used brown sugar in my oatmeal until I switched to honey ...I put the honey in a lot of things like my yogurt and berries my hubbys tea and the oatmeal I put the oatmeal and honey milk vannila together then cook it it is good that way.

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
I use honey or real sugar on rare occasions.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.