Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dinner
Tomato05 posted:
I really enjoyed my dinner tonight! It was nothing really special, but for some or other reason it appealed to me, so I thought I would share it:
- Big bed of baby spinach leaves (mixed with other varieties of baby leaves, various shades, very colourful).
- Topped with:
a little "mountain" of Alfalfa Sprouts
Mung Bean Sprouts
Broccoli Sprouts
Cucumber, finely chopped
Red Onion, finely chopped
Celery, thinly sliced
Radishes, thinly sliced
Few black olives
- Lovely piece of delicate smoked trout on top (very good).
- 2 hard-boiled egg-whites.

- Side of 1 cup of strawberries.

I mixed the salad leaves with fish sauce, red wine vinegar and black pepper.

Had some green tea with it. All in all, a very satisfying and good-looking meal!

jis4judy responded:

Hi Tomato I am happy you are really enjoying healthy dinners. sounds very healthy I really like sprouts on my salads but the super market around here doesn;t allways carry them especially broccolli srouts love those /
I am not fond of fish but the vegie part sounds awsome
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Sounds like a beautiful work of art salad, Tomato. Although I'm not into salads much, yours sound very good. I've been looking at some recipes that have fish sauce, quite a few do, but it looks like a little bit goes a long way. Most recipes I've found only use a tsp or so of it on the whole. Never tried smoked trout, only the salmon. Sounds very good though.
Glad you are trying to stay on a healthy plan.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 184.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
Sounds yummy Tomato, except for the trout - LOL.
I don't think I've ever had broccoli sprouts, but I LOVE broccoli. Gotta try to find those for my salads. I usually just break up some broccoli florets in mine.

I got some homemade marinara out of the freezer this morning. Gonna mix in some broccoli, yellow squash and zucchini and have that over 1 Cup whole wheat pasta. Not sure if I'll have a small piece of boneless, skinless chicken with it or not. Hmmm. I guess half a plan is better than none.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
Sounds yummy. I don't think any stores here sell any sprouts
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Yours sounds good too. I may have to try it.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tomato05 replied to abnersmom's response:
The vegged-up marinara sauce sounds really nice, Debbie.

Sprouts are said to have real potent health benefits and disease fighting benefits, as they are far more concentrated in nutrients than the mature plant. They are also high in enzymes & promote digestion, and are high in protein.

The sprouted stage is supposed to be when the plant is at its peak nutritional stage.

I just love them anyway, despite all their benefits.

abnersmom replied to Tomato05's response:
LOL, Tomato, "despite all their benefits." Now, ain't that the truth! I'm going to look for the sprouts this weekend when i shop. Thanks for the tip.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

3point14 responded:
Mmm Tomato, that sounds really, really tasty. I'd almost be tempted to try trout in that context!!

I had an excellent dinner last night of whole wheat pita bread with hummus slathered on it. Then, a simple mix of chopped peppers, chopped cukes, and some lettuce/cabbage mixed greens.
SW:170 CW:134 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 29 and a stay at home mom to my two great kids, Gracie and Roman. When Gracie was born, I did not lose any baby weight. I kept gaining and gai...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.