Skip to content
More progress
Tomato05 posted:
I've lost nearly 1lb the past week - it feels like it is all almost going too well, that it can't last! I am prepared for some weeks of no weight loss, but as long as the general trend is downwards, I am happy.

I have been exercising later in the day, but I want to change it back to early morning exercise. It is more disruptive to exercise later, I find, plus if I leave it till too late, I don't feel like it any more: I went to the gym 5.30pm yesterday, and it was a very short session! Plus, the gym is very busy that time.

jis4judy responded:
Hi tomato thats great I know you have had a hard time of it for a while this recent activity in the downward trend is quite nice i would think .
do you think the time of day change in exerciseing is part of it or did you make another change ?
whatever it is keep doing it
I am Happy danceing for you
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks for the support, Judy. No, the change in exercise time is not good, as I am exercising less as a result.

I think my overall calories are just lower (but I'm still eating candy!). My dinners are a little smaller than before.

Last night for example I had miso soup (added a handful of fresh cilantro and a heap of baby spinach, plus pickled ginger to it), and half a chicken breast cooked in a tomato/parsley/onion sauce, followed by chopped pear in sugar-free jello. Before I would have eaten the whole chicken breast and I may even have added a potato.

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
that sounds good yesterday we had butternut squash soup my Hubby loved it I liked it a lot was totally different than my usual chicken soup .. I used chicken broth to cook the squash in and blended it till smooth added cinnamon a and nutmeg .. was good a bit of pepper no salt the thing is it got so thick I had to thin it with more broth . It was really good I used my garden squash to make it so ..that was a good experament..
I will have to look up miso soup sounds likeit might be Chinese. just be careful not to replace healthy nutrients with the candy
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
That's great, Tomato. Keep up the good work.

I'm bouncing between 156 and 157 this week. Hope the 156 sticks by Sun. when I log in my weight on WebMD. LOL! Slow and steady, but it sure sure feels good when that scale goes down!

My walking has been great (study hall tonight so I made myself take a lunch break and get a brisk walk in across campus I'm learning!), but I haven't been as good doing my weights this week. I was on an every other day routine, but it's gotten lost in the shuffle of my crazy schedule. I know that you are very vigilant about your exercise and I truly admire that. It's something I continually work on.

Congrats on your continued loss!
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

Tomato05 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie - yes, I like my exercise and do it 6 days a week normally - running, walking and strength training, I love it all. I have a muscle sprain in my bicep/shoulder at the moment, but there are still lots of exercises I can do in spite of it.

Try to keep up the exercise including the weights - even if it is 15 min. before your shower it is better than nothing!

I hope Sunday will confirm your new low.

mefirstforever responded:
Congrats Tomato,

You are really on a routine, exercising 6 times a week wow!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

abnersmom replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks Tomato. Well, 157 this morning and going to a tailgating party tonight, so I'm thinking 156 won't happen this week, but that's okay. Will get a good walk in today, I hope and thanks for the encouragement about the weights. I truly believe adding the weights has made a difference.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

3point14 replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato, you've been my total inspiration about exercise! When I started posting on the 10-25 board you responded to one of my posts and talked about your exercise regiment and that you liked it and it was an a-ha moment of "This doesn't have to be hellish!".

Keep up the butt kicking!
SW:170 CW:132 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

Tomato05 replied to 3point14's response:
Good to hear that you find my exercise routine so inspiring! It is indeed not hellish, but very stimulating and enjoyable: an essential part of my day. In fact, on my day "off" (when I do housecleaning, so not totally vegetating) I feel a little restless.

I can see the effects too: I have a lot of stamina, I'm agile, and for my age, I have a flat stomach and quite a tight, hard body. Just about 8 or 9 pounds too heavy, with flab in certain areas...

Anyway, I have admired your control over food, which I lack! At least you plan and more or less stick to it, while I tend to abandon my plans halfway through the day or decide on a new plan which mostly doesn't work!

blondie454u replied to Tomato05's response:
Great job Tomato!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.