Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Clams with pasta and mushroom soup
mefirstforever posted:
I went to my girl friend house for lunch yesterday. Nice company and I love to bits. We use to work together she was a gem to work with.
Well the meal might sound good but I feel so bad today. My stomach hurts and am so blooded. She served it in a casserole gratin with cheese if I had a cup is max and fresh baguette 2 small pieces and butter. No vegetable in site. My body can't take this creamy fatty food anymore. I had to take Eno and Tums and still feel bad.

Next time I meet up with here, where going to the restaurant. I will be able to choose my meal.

I realize my body has gotten used of eating healthy natural foods and lots of fresh vegetables, he certainly made an acute reaction.

In the last year even if I did not gain nor lost weight I've been eating low fat and less sugary foods. So I was able to maintain the lost.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

jean4u responded:
Helene,

Your body is really telling you that you don't need food that doesn't agree with you. I like your idea to go to a restaurant next time. That will give you control over what you eat.

Good for you to change your eating to more healthy natural foods. WTG on not gaining and staying in ONDERLAND!

Barb

BTW, another issue is dealing with social pressure that comes with going to people's houses and the food they have. Do we please them or stay strong on our journeys? Well I believe we wake up with our bodies, so figure out ways to stay strong. Maybe, for "medical" reasons we need to eat a certain way....that is not a lie, either, because it is for our health that we do this!

jis4judy responded:
My sympathies Helene feeling yukky after a high fat meal is terrable , getting back on track will help you feel better and I like your plan for next time go out with your friend and order something you can handle better . I hate to admit it but that meal without the cheese would have at one time been a favorate of mine LOl not anymore though
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Helene,

I know what you mean. My body is the same way. I just can't do it any more. It's not worth the bloating and being uncomfortable. I have gotten to where I truly appreciate the things I do eat.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been "chubby." And I have spent majority of my adolescence trying to be skinny and failing. The lowest Ive been is 157. I no...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.