Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
the good and bad of my weekend
jis4judy posted:
Good monday morning
well lets get the bad out first My Patriots lost for the last 2 weeks after a great start... doesn;t look good for the season..
the good part is I made home made chicken stock and more butternut squash soup that turned out yummy and today I am weighing in at 149 even ,,, I accually kept my calories in control all weekend and that is unusual for me ...I was up on friday to 151...Monday 149
that helps to brighten my mood a little
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

kalimiller responded:
I went on a long camping trip this weekend. Took Friday off from work and school - it was actually a camping trip for one of my classes. We went to the grand canyon and Zions and did a lot of hiking. It was really fun. Sometimes the food wasn't so great - but I did get a chance to stop at a farmers market and get some delicious fruit and veggies! I'd never been to the grand canyon or Zions, so that was pretty sweet! However, I was super glad to get home last night and sleep in my own super comfy bed and see my pups!

abnersmom responded:
Good morning, Judy. sorry about your Pats - my Titans finally won a game albeit in overtime.

I did fairly well with food this weekend even after going out Sat. night. Still at 157 - no change.

I walked a lot this weekend. Had a weird moment on the Greenway yesterday. I was about 2.5 miles into a 5 mile walk and a lady coming the other way yelled at me (I was listening to my IPod) "Are you going to make it?" I was thinking what the heck - not sweating, not grimacing or struggling - where did that come from? I should have asked her, but instead I just said Yep, I'm great doing 5 miles today and kept going. Don't know why I let it bother me. Of course, I was thinking I guess I still look so fat that she thought I couldn't make it. I went so far as to think, I need to stop wearing my baggy T shirts and shorts. The mind is a terrible thing sometimes!
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
That's great Judy!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
That is so great Judy. Sorry about the Patriots.

Squash soup so good to make cream of vegetables in the Autumn.

What's with the mood? do you have Autumn blues?

Ho Debbie, I know what you mean about mind tricks. I also tend to put though in other people minds which they probably don't have in the first place. I don't know about you but when exercise my face become beet red.

You are doing so great, make a resume of the last year and smile or better jump up and down from joy!!!
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
LOl Helene I was in a mood because of my Patriots loseing such a close game accually close games in the last 2 weeks
and forr some reason this one was harder to accept than last weeks last week they played bad ...this week it was good until the final 10 minutes .
the butter nut squash wasn;t creamed it just broth buternut squash and cinnamon and nutmeg it was reallu good first time this year makeing it ...

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali I like your weekend better than mine LOl I am glad you had some fun times I am not realy a camper but when you posted it sounds good //

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
thats weird Debbie maybe there was a preface to her comment you didn;t get maybe it was something other than what you thought . I had a strange thing too about a month ago I was walking along and there was this lawn worker appeared to be haveing lunch and he was obviously frustrated
because he accually told me "I have no napkin "as though being a woman I would allway have such a thing .. I replied back use your shirt men are allowed to go topless in the hot summer . Lol and kept walking Hugs Judy:)

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie, yours and Judy's stories got me wondering, just about snatches of conversation that you seem to catch out of nowhere. Yours sounds like she was worried about, maybe something like the weather, if a storm front was coming in and she wondered if you were gonna "make it" before the storm, or if there was a block party scheduled and wondered if you were gonna "make it". Just a snatch of part of what her total meaning was.
As for Judy's, hers sounds a bit darker and more sinister to me. This guy's comments make me wonder if there is a wife at home going to get a good hard slap for not remembering to put in a napkin for his lunch. Someone who gets that frustrated, enough to actually point it out to a passing stranger , that they don't have a napkin, is way over the edge when it comes to being able to deal with not getting what he wants and EXPECTS , very well.
tales of the unexpected. I love snatches of sentences, because they lead my imagination to different places.
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ho my gosh Kim,
You should right a novel or something. In a few phrases you made me imagine quite a scenario.
Or even a tv show, you would be so good.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Tomato05 responded:
Well done on the calories, weight and nutritious soup.

I've had a few bad days and I think I've put on weight again (can feel it on my jeans), so for the rest of the week I will just be on damage control, no hope of weight loss this week.

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
yes Tomato I was on damage control all last week it is never over and it is good we notice these things keeps us from getting tooo big I am just trying to maintain the under 150 thing 'not really trying to remove more . I do know the holidays are right around the corner comeing soon with new temptations and I did ok the last few holidays gained a bit got back on plan removed the holiday weight and so on...I am wondering if that is what is called yo yo dieting I keep adding and removeing the same 4 or 5 pounds ..

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
ah Helene, if only.... maybe in a different life.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Actually I think yo yo dieting is a bit more involved than just a basic 4 to 5 lbs fluctuation. Regular water retention alone can give you about that much. True yo yo's diet hard for about a month at a time, to lose as much as possible in a short amount of time, then within a few months gain it back. Then when some special event comes up again, they jump back on the hard dieting..... up down up down up down. It's very very hard on the body, ages you quickly and severely and causes wonderful things like brittle bones.
k

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
I don't think that's yo-yo-ing either, just normal fluctuation and balancing. It's good maintenance!

When I was at my goal weight until a few years ago, I also used to fluctuate in a band of approximately 5 lbs. During winter especially I was always a little heavier than in summer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.