Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I think I have road rash...
mommaxeli posted:
I've had a REALLY bad week or so. I fell off the wagon, got drug for a few miles, and then rolled for a few more

I haven't lifted weights for a couple of weeks. I have continued to run, so that's good. I ate really bad. I have no excuses. Some emotional eating, some reverting to old habits, so caving to cravings. I've been craving lots of sweets and carbs for some reason. And we all know, once you give in, the cravings get worse! Some days, I ate a disgusting amount of food.

I finally got back on track today. I was afraid to step on the scale, but I did. I'm happy to say that I haven't done too much damage, probably because I at least continued to run. Man, oh, man do I feel awful though. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I hate when I get this way It's happened several times over the last year and a half. BUT, I always get back on track, usually with even more fervor. Soooo...here we go again!

On a side note, I sold my treadmill today. It's a little bittersweet because it's the "treadmill that started it all" I haven't used it in forever and actually have somewhat of a hate for it. If it wasn't such a nuisance just sitting there taking up space, I'd keep it around for kind of a trophy! But it's doing me no good, and it can do someone else good, so off it goes!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

totallywiggedout responded:
I completely feel your pain mommaxeli. Am so sorry that you have been having a hard time of it lately. You stayed on track though with your running.... still leading that running class? Perhaps that, in the end, will be your saving grace for the rest of your life. Running , I mean.
I had been overdoing it a bit lately too, because of the extra food in the house and having to cook bigger meals, family style. This week I am trying to also reign in my runaway cart and get back on the buggy. Hence that new smoothie recipe I just posted. As I am also feeling a bit offish for the foods I've been eating. Not the serving sizes , just the foods themselves, so I'm going to try to find some extra quick pick me up meals, more smoothies and quick sautees that I will share once taste tested.
Hope that you start feeling/eating/exercising like yourself again cause we all know that fat little she devil that comes to sit on our shoulders every so often (and makes us do bad things) can get kinda heavy 'fore too long.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Tomato05 responded:
Good for you for getting back to healthy eating, and for continuing to run. Running hasn't prevented my weight gain, but it definitely makes me feel better (and probably prevented the weight gain from being even worse).

I hope you can start lifting weights again too. That to me is just as important as my running (even though it doesn't burn that many calories, the strength benefits are enormous).

It's good that you got rid of the treadmill. We don't need to keep stuff we don't use - then they just amount to clutter.

jean4u responded:
Hate when that happens, but you know what to do and how to do it. I really think sharing the struggles of this journey is very powerful for us. Just seeing that we are not alone and there is no finish line.

BTW, you have really done a super job!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Glad you shared with us, mommaxeli. As Barb said, you have done a great job and still are! It's exactly what you said, once we splurge on that food that we love, but is not good for us, it only makes us want more. So many factors involved in this journey, but the mental, emotional ones are the hardest for me.

Keep on keeping on - you are an inspiration to me and many others.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Mommaxeli
I have episodes like that from time to time I call it the hungry horrors , our old habits coming to the surface of our minds due to some emotion or some rememberance.. something usually triggers it the thing thats is important is to keep on plan and don;t let these old habits take over again , be aware that the habits are ingrained in our minds and we just have to accept that we slippped and get back on plan asap. good you are back on plan again,,,
getting rid of unused items is great goodby treadmill
I do believe if we keep exerciseing and lifting weights
we have a better chance keeping the weight from returning..
you are doing great recognizing the problem ...and takeing steps to get it all under control...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
We all fall off the wagon from time to time but it's recognizing and getting back on again. Glad you kept running. I know what you mean on how you feel when you don't right. I feel the same way. Eat bad food and have bad moods. Eat good food and have good moods.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tomato05 responded:
WHERE is the wagon?

The past week it disappeared in a cloud of dust for me...

I am now starting to run to catch up with it again. I want to remain firmly in the seat on the wagon next week.

totallywiggedout replied to Tomato05's response:
Strap on yer seatbelt and GET ER DONE!
You see it, You WANT it, Now go GET it!
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Full82 responded:
You are a champ for having the courage to be honest with yourself and others. Maybe I will get there one day. I just had a silent memorial for your treadmill.

totallywiggedout replied to Full82's response:
LOL, Mommaxeli doesn't need a treadmill. Read her backstory. She lost over 100 lbs started out last year on the Couch to 5k program, got her church group interested and is now, prolly still, instructing that running class. She's a true inspiration and example of how it's done and done right.
huggs to her and huggs to all on this (really rainy and nasty down here) Sunday.
kim

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

mommaxeli replied to totallywiggedout's response:
ALL ABOARD!!!

I've been back on the wagon for a week now. They've even let me hold the reins again So, I've stopped the wagon for a mintue to let everyone catch up. Jump back on! Here we GOOOOO!

Thanks for the compliment, Kim! I am still teaching my class. In fact, this is our last week, and THIS Saturday is our "graduation" 5K race! Words cannot describe how excited I am for everyone! It's extra special because we're running the race that I ran last year as my first race ever.

One of our discussion questions this week was, "How has 'Run for God' affected your life?" The answers and discussions were amazing. There was lots of crying and laughing and everything in between. It's going to be an emotional week and race for sure! I'll post pictures after the race!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

totallywiggedout replied to mommaxeli's response:
So happy that your running class went so well. Do you guys also do the Susan Komen Race for the Cure runs?? With a group like you have, you really should just keep it going and make it a group "THANG" . Makes me almost wish I could run, or even jog, lol. But I know with my joints that walking is my best , probably only, choice and quite literally, even before my accidents and I was younger, I never did like to run. It's good for those like you who love it though because I know it gives more of a natural "high" than just regular walking so in that, I envy you.
keep on that wagon, honeybunch
huggs
K

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

abnersmom replied to mommaxeli's response:
How exciting for you mommaxeli! Glad you are back on track and best of luck Sat. to your whole class! Can't wait to see the pics!
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u replied to mommaxeli's response:
Great that you have jumped back on!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost over 100 lbs 2 times in my adult life. I was thin as a child. Due to some major surgeries when I was a young teen and the inability to be ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.