Skip to content
Quote for the day
Tomato05 posted:
This is an old one by Mark Twain, but still true:
"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."

Although, sometimes my patience wears thin and I do feel like more drastic action than coaxing, but usually that's not wise...

I wonder how many steps there are on that staircase!

abnersmom responded:
Great one, Tomato. Amazing wisdom in that one little sentence. And, lol, like you I wonder how many steps ARE on that dang staircase.
Debbie SW 265 CW 157 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Tomato, good quote
But, I gotta say, Mark Twain was a smoker that probably never tried to quit and he loved his food without ever getting obese, lol.
Some habits, well, you just gotta put them suckers in a wheelchair and SHOVE them off the top step.
It's truly the only way to get rid of em.

huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

3point14 responded:
I've tried to think of it as every action being so drasic and important, that they all come together to make one big, sweping change.
SW:170 CW:132 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

jean4u responded:
Just like the beginning of a journey starting with that first step, a staircase is ascendended or descended one step at a time.

Sometimes I think about avoiding stairs because of my knee problems, but then I think it really doesn't matter how long I take to get up them or down them....just that I keep trying.

Good quote!

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, and when you're done with that wheelchair could you send it to me ASAP to get rid of my little "problems"! That one made me LOL!

Barb

jean4u replied to 3point14's response:
Yes, PI, every action and thought can be life changing. I think that is so important to believe that way, especially when we feel down in our luck....just got to keep looking for the window or door of opportunity and when our heads are down we might miss our chance.

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Hi Tomato how many steps hmmm that may vary by each person I the staircase for me is over a million steps that keep multipying maybe because I had so many habits that needed to be changed...my old habits are haveing a battle with my good intentions every now and then the habit wins but I start the steps again to win the battle again and again , If my good intentions win more than the habit then thats a success in my mind...
Good quote though
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 5'6" and weigh 225 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs which is -75 lbs. I have "dieted my way up" by crash diets and super strict ...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.