Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
October Goals!
kalimiller posted:
This thread really helped me the past couple of months, so I thought I'd start another one up =D

For me:
1. Working on getting better breakfasts in - I seem to be always in a rush to get out the door and get to work - maybe waking up 5 or 10 minutes earlier would help in that. Or getting stuff together for breakfast the night before.
2. Try new things! I bought hummus for the first time and will be trying it out. Not sure what else to try though. Any suggestions?

abnersmom responded:
Hi Kali! I love setting mini-goals.

Mine for Oct:

1. Continue walking 15 miles per week at fast pace.
2. Do strength training 3x"s per week - failed miserably on this one for Sept.
3. Lose 2 lbs.

I like yours about trying new things, but I couldn't come up with any.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

3point14 responded:
Kali, mini-goals are the best! Thanks for starting another thread.

Hummus is SO good, you'll love it. I especially like the red pepper hummus, so if that's not what you got, there's something new.

They make these really good noodles, they're veggie flavored, spinach, squash, stuff like that. Try some of those with a tiny bit of butter and baked veggies, it's so filling and wonderful. I'm also a huge advocate for smoothies, you can make them up the night before and then have a perfect breakfast on-the-go.

The easiest one (and tastiest one) I've made was my chocolate-covered strawberry smoothie. A cup and a half of Silk (soy milk...not silk hahaha), a handful of strawberries, a tablespoon of Nutella, and a stalk of celery. Sooo good.

October Goals

1. Hit 130 lbs. I've gotten down as low as 132, I'm now ranging between 132-135. I wanna be solidly 130 by the end of the month, and I'd looove to see 120anything hahaha

2. Better, longer workouts. Four times a week. I've gone from doing bare minimum on the elliptical, to doing usually about twenty minutes on the elliptical and twenty on the bike. I want to at least maintain, if not improve this.

3. 50 crunches a day. This is something I'm intermittently very good about, but I want to be more consistently on top of it.
SW:170 CW:132 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

jean4u responded:
Kali, You little mind-reader, you!

I was seriously thinking I got to start a discussion about October goals.Just like you it really helps to keep me on track and get some new ones going.

1. More de-cluttering of house. BTW, I did alot of this on Saturday and got a really good workout and got my mind off food while in the process.

2. Stay away from DH's salty tater snacks, especially at night.

3. Increase exercise and variety of it.

4. Really keep it in the 130's, been seeing 140 a bit in September.

Kali, one of the tips I got on here about using hummus is to hard boil eggs, discard yolks and fill with hummas and chopped celery. You can pack these for snacks or meals. I actually boil a dozen at a time (eggs).

Hummus:
Great for dipping with veggies. Also, a thin layer on low carb wraps with veggies.

Really a great protein go-to food. Just limit to 2 tbs. per serving.

I even saw it on an oven crisped tortilla (pizza style) instead of marinara, with grilled veggies

Barb

blondie454u responded:
For me it's to continue doing what I am doing. I am finally back down to 135 yay me!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

maybembt responded:
I didn't do well with my sept goals. For oct, I want to lose a pound or two a week (195 lbs) and I want to gradually ease back into exercise. By end of oct doing 30 min aerobics 4 times a week.
Marybeth 228-201-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Grats Amber way to go
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

totallywiggedout replied to maybembt's response:
me neither Marybeth
so don't feel bad you aren't alone

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout responded:
I pretty much blew Sept these past few days. It's been raining every day for the past 4 days and it's gotten really cold . NOT conductive weather to my exercise routine.
SO....
Oct goals
I won't TRY to get to 180 by the end of the month, I WILL DO IT.
I won't lay there deciding whether to walk in the morning, I WILL DO IT at least 5 if not 6 days a week.
I won't SIT on my butt thinking how I SHOULD go for my evening walk, I WILL take a 6 block stroll 5 nights a week.
I will get back into the swing of my normal routine if it kills me, because as my signature says, if it DOESN'T kill me, it'll make me stronger.
With that in mind.... my final goal for Oct is to BE STRONGER and not dead
kim

Tomato05 responded:
I want to try and improve my mental state, for a start. The last few weeks I've had to really fight off feelings of loneliness and feeling a bit worthless; I have had days when feeling "what's the point of even getting up?". Must try to infuse my days with more meaning. If I can get a job, it will help so much.

Also, just continuing with my efforts to get into a decent eating pattern. Routine, regularity - that's what I'm lacking. Some more predictability in my eating. I have to limit and control my snacking far more, for example.

Well, that's two big areas to work on, although not exact goals!

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, cheers to you on 135, WTG!!!

Barb

jean4u replied to maybembt's response:
Marybeth, dealing with the boo-boo paw and awful cast wasn't easy. You will get back, now that you got the new yellow cast.

Barb

jean4u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, don't you think your "company" was a bit side-tracking? When I have changes in my life, even good ones, it gets me off my focus. Like you say, NOW is the time to get back!

Barb

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato, Sounds like you have some depression going on. This happens to me, too, when I feel like I can't control my DH's behavior.

I am telling you, you do count and offer so much, here on this board. I hope you get a job, one that has appreciative people.

I know it is important to make the efforts, even when we don't feel like it in eating healthy and exercise. I have to be more dilligent in controlling the night snacking, too.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you say, routine and regularity will help. This has helped me. It is the "things" we don't want to do that will actually make us feel better when we do them. That is where we get energized.

You can do this and get your strength back and keep it strong!

Barb

kalimiller replied to 3point14's response:
I actually did get the red pepper hummus - haha

That sounds like a great idea - smoothies that I could just grab and go with. I did wake up a bit earlier today to get stuff ready and I am really glad that I did. I feel much better with a more substantial breakfast then I do when scrounging for food from my desk.

P.S. I love everyone's goals!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi It's me-Miamama2 i had trouble with my password and had to create a whole new name but anyway-here is my story-I'm so ashamed to admit but...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.