Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New look
maybembt posted:

GOD is so good. An orthopedic surgeon from the US is at Hospital Shalom, a mission hospital close by. She will only be here for a few days, but had time to see me. She said it was time to change that cast. Yeah, I now have a short cast!
Marybeth 228-201-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

3point14 responded:
I can see the relief on your face!

I'm so glad she was able to see you and make you more comfortable!
SW:170 CW:132 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

totallywiggedout responded:
Not only a new cast, WOWZA ! a new YELLOW cast. I LOVE that color, it's so HAPPY
Marybeth, I think you are losing inches, babe. Your weight may not have been going down all that time, but you have lost in your shoulders, waist and your face is slimmer. Have you been measuring ?
anyway , so so glad that you finally got into a smaller cast I'm sure it's way more comfortable and now you will be able to do more.
Big huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 183.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

maybembt replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes Kim, I thought of you when I saw the yellow cast. My arm at the elbow is very bruised and swollen. I have been working to get motion back in the elbow. After the initial pain from this new cast wears off, I plan on checking what aerobic exercises I can do. I thought about step aerobics, but I can't buy a step platform here; it will cost $200 to bring on down on plane; and my last attempt at having one made ended in a disaster.(it is warped and rocks and is dangerous) I cant do the DVDS with hand weights. I am now checking out Sansone Walk aerobic routines. Most I wont be able to do but there is one that might work without the arms. I am so tried of being an invalid.
Marybeth 228-201-150

jis4judy responded:
thats great marybeth you look way more comfy with that new yellow cast
You accually seem more relaxed with it ..
don;t try too hard with the exercise focus on the healthy eating it is what works best for weight removale /
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 responded:
Much better (and brighter). You must feel far less clumsy now.

Good luck with the exercise experiments. Walking and things like squats and lunges will do wonders though (and you can also do stomach exercises galore).

You are getting closer all the time to being cast-free!

jean4u responded:
Much better! Good for you to plan what to do next on your exercise. It really takes some creativeness when you are out of the U.S. Looks like you are staying positive on your healthy journey, YAAY!!!

Barb

maybembt replied to maybembt's response:
YAY! I did it! It was raining this morning so I could not go out for my sunrise walk. So I did a aerobic walk DVD. I did everything but maybe a little modified! I am not sure how I'll feel later on in the day, but right now I feel so pleased with my accomplishment.
Marybeth 228-201-150

jis4judy replied to maybembt's response:
good job Marybeth finding a way to get acyive in spite of the challenges present..
way to go Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

3point14 replied to maybembt's response:
Keep kickin' butt, Marybeth!

I admire so much how willing you are to modify your journey, one little thing going wrong can totally mess me up. But look at you, maintaining your exercise!
SW:170 CW:132 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

abnersmom responded:
Wow! That has got to b e a relief to have that other monstrosity off of your arm! Looking good, Marybeth.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u replied to maybembt's response:
Yes I think you are losing inches. You look great! Great job on the exercise!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Very busy single mother of 2 boys 16 and 11. Pl us I am owned by my 2 "fur kids" Rocky and Simi. Tired of being overweight and hating myself...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.