Skip to content
Life' s miracles
Tomato05 posted:
Just when I was really feeling down and rather joy-less, I finally (after many fruitless applications) got invited for a job interview on Friday!

It's not to say I'm going to get the job (I'm not familiar with one of the software programs they actually require), but just the flickering of interest has lifted my spirits already. It's for a journalist/editorial coordinator role at a good magazine publishing company.

Job or no job, I must eat healthy, exercise and sleep enough, so that I can be energized for any eventuality!

I've dragged out my box of oats (that I keep for making breakfast for my husband) and will have some of that tomorrow. I'm half scared it will make me feel weighed down, but I have to make friends with it. I'm not eating enough wholegrains.

jis4judy responded:
Sounds great tomato the oats and the job good luck I hope it works out for you I am sure you could learn the new software You are a smart girl //
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Tomato, if you put your best foot forward with this interview, let them know who and what you are as a person, that even though you may not be Proficient in a certain software program, that you are willing and more than able to learn it quickly..... How can they possibly turn you down for the position? It shouldn't be too hard to sell a hunk of solid gold like you, right? You'll do fine, with or without the rolled oats, but if you think a bowl of it may be too heavy, make up a small batch of hm granola with it, some nuts, some honey, a little oil or apple sauce and some dried fruits... then like Skinnytaste suggests, cut an apple or a pear into small bites and put 1/4 - 1/3 cup of the granola over the top and pour on a little skim milk..... granola is a little high in fats and calories but if you use it as a topping over fiberous fruits, it's filling and is very nutritious.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 187.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

3point14 responded:

Tomato, yay! Sending happy thoughts and positive vibes your way!

It is SUCH an ego boost to have a company interested in you, and even if you don't get this position, you're an articulate, competent woman and the connections you make here could lead to something you're more proficient in.

Keep up those motivated thoughts!!!!!!!!!
SW:170 CW:132 GOAL!120

You can do what you want to: whenever you want to,
You can do what you want to: there's no one to stop you...
~~Elliott Smith

abnersmom responded:
Woohoo, Tomato! Just the boost you needed. Knock 'em dead at the interview. I've got a good feeling about it.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
Good luck!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Tomato05 responded:
Thank you for all the good luck wishes. I will let you know how it went, although I am usually not sure in fact how it went after an interview. One can't really tell what they think of you...

I am trying to prepare as best I can, and will then just try to be as relaxed and natural as possible - can't do much more than that. If they feel I'm not the right candidate, then I will just look elsewhere; I'm not going to be shattered!

jean4u responded:
Tomato, Good luck and best wishes on your interview. Really just geting an interview means that the employer sees your potential for the position.

I like to sprinkle high-fiber cereal on my Greek yogurt.

Barb

Stay strong!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old, living in Northern California. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and have yo-yoed as long as I can remember. I am d...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.