Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Feedback
Tomato05 posted:
Phew, the interview is over, thank goodness. It is hard to say how it went, as I don't know what they really think of me of course! I think, though, it didn't go too badly. It was a nice informal chat with the boss and another female staff member.

I squeezed myself (my extended self) into my smart pants; luckily they don't know how loose the pants used to be!

The Executive Director said they would come back to me next week by Wed or Thu; if I make it through to the next round there will be a writing test, which will then be the next obstacle. It will be a few tense days until I know, but I am relieved I got this far!

Eating oats now about twice a week, and thanks for the ides about the wholegrain on top of fruit or yogurt - I'll do that for variety with the grains as well. I'm not a big bread eater.

I hope you will all have a Formidable Friday.

totallywiggedout responded:
LOL, had to remember you are on the OTHER side of the world from me.... I'm like... WTH>>>> interview at..... 11:33 pm??? , Obviously not.
Glad it went well, and they didn't need to know your pants size before or AFTER. All they need to know is what a great person you are and an excellant prospect for their open position.
By next week Wed or Thurs you will be a pound or so lighter and feeling that much more confidant.
Now , breathe in a big sigh of relief and get set for round two.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 187.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Tomato05 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I hope so, Kim (both about the lb lighter and round 2)!

Indeed - my interview was at 11am, Brisbane time. Afterwards I took myself for tea, then lunch followed by grocery shopping, and by then I was too lazy to go to the gym, so gave it a miss today.

But I'll be back in the gym tomorrow - after some cleaning at home. I usually do half the house cleaning Sat. morning, and half on Sunday morning (too much for one day).

I'll do ironing this evening, which will be my "exercise".

How is everybody else's Friday going?

totallywiggedout replied to Tomato05's response:
Welllll....... it's 6:27 am here now, so mine's just beginning.. starting to shape up like all my other mornings trying to get Michael up and going. He's NOT a morning person at all. Just going now to make sure he's not fallen asleep in his chair again while trying to get dressed, lol.
My usual am routine, up, bathroom , undress, weigh in, dress, start coffee, take dogs out, wake up michael, start breakfast, wake up michael, keep calling out to make sure he's going, check on, and wake up michael, lol..... you get the picture
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
Hi Tomato
Ironing? I don;t think I have used an iron for at least 20 years
Lol
KIm
This morning my Hubby has an appointment to set up a colonoscopy , he is a self riser thank goodness I would go nuts if I had to wake him ...more than once//

will be takeing my walk alone today
Yesterday I made that chicken parm from the lite cooking link we had on here last week It was pretty good //
My Hubby liked it ,, he accually requested it once a week . that might be ok sometimes maybe I can make it without the pasta part.. and serve it with vegies and some other starch.

we had it with penne regati and salad

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
Who does the ironing then, Judy - your husband?! Or are your clothes all the type that don't need ironing?

Good to hear the chicken parm was such a success and that it will become a weekly staple.

I made a variation of the cilantro/lime shrimps on that Skinnytaste site. I just used a lemon (as I didn't have a lime) and only 1 teaspoon oil instead of 2; also, I thought 6 garlic cloves are too much (think smelly breath) and used only 2. It tasted good.

I had it with a mixture of veg that I cooked in the microwave: sliced mushrooms, sliced red capsicum, bok choy and parsley, and I threw in a handful of green beans I had left over.

I followed it with 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt with a few strawberries sliced into it.

Kim - you are very patient (with the sleeper). I think I would do it max twice, and then leave him to it. Hope the weigh-in showed the needle moving in the right direction.

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
Lol Tomato I use wrinkle free clothing no ironing needed I am a good folder when the cothes come out of the dryer I smoothe them with my hands
if my hubby wants something ironed he does that himself .
the shrimp sounds good will try that next

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I'm the same way. Wash and wear all the way. I used to love to iron, I'm all for absolutely mindless tasks that, like the Calgon commercials say, just "take me away"..... but there's a point in a person's lifetime that you see the futility of it all. You , after all, don't actually ESCAPE to anywhere, lol.
I REALLY appreciate perma pressed clothing.
As for the folding, I used to work at walmart years ago, I can fold anything so most of our stuff looks ok without all the ironing too. We're pretty laid back anyhow, and so far, even the boy's dress pants and shirts have behaved well enough with just a quick snap/shake and hang to have them ready for their sales positions.
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim when I was a young woman I used to iron a lot right up to age 40 since then it has been wash and wear .

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
Maybe it's my washing machine, but my clothes are totally creased when dry! No way I could wear them without ironing.

I only use the dryer on rainy days and for big things like sheets though (electricity is hugely expensive here, and besides, I live in a sunny climate, so no excuse not to hang the stuff on a drying rack instead of using a dryer).

I hate ironing, but it a weekly part of my chores. I even have to iron my T-shirts for gym, or they would look as if I had slept in them.

Oh well, ironing must burn a few calories, I hope.
PS I even iron my pajamas - pretty pointless, I suppose. I like the crisp shape of them when they are ironed though as opposed to looking so crumpled.

abnersmom replied to Tomato05's response:
I have to iron as well, Tomato. I don't have to wear dressy clothes to work, but I like to iron the casual ones as well. I just think they look better. I have never ironed pajamas though. I absolutely hate ironing, so I always put it off until I have a huge pile which makes it worse. LOL!

Glad that your interview went well.

I'm making a chicken barley soup today. Will let you all know how it turns out.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
Tomato, Glad the first round is over with your poss. future employer. Good job! Nice that you fit into those "interview" pants. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get that job.

Interesting, the "ironing" topic. I like my clothes that have creases, even from hanging, to get pressed. I like to leave my iron out and iron board up in the basement. I have another iron I use in the laundry room, too that is quick to go to and use. I use the iron on fuseable hemming so that doesn't show stitches. Good for my DH's dress pants, too.

Probably a good workout, hanging out your laundry. I remember when I was a little girl, my Mom used to hang the laundry outside. Loved the smell of sheets dried in the fresh air. I recall, sometimes when it got so cold, the clothes would freeze. LOL

Getting back on track with your eating is the way to get those 2 lbs. off. That shrimp recipe sounds yum, too. I made the Sante Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers from that Skinnytaste site. Seriously, I almost never cook and this one tempted me because I had turkey burgers from when my daughter came to visit (in the freezer). It was good but I have a bit leftover and I think I will use that to make stuffed pepper soup (just add canned low sodium veggie stock and canned tomatoes or tomato sauce). Serve over brown rice or wilted spinach. The stuffed pepper recipe did not call for any rice so I made brown rice to go with it as a side and added a small salad.

I saw a recipe for zuchinni soup on that site that looked good and it was only 40 cals a serving. I think you could use other veggies, too.

Nice to be able to indulge our taste palette without breaking the calorie "back".

Barb

Tomato05 replied to jean4u's response:
Hi Jean, actually those interview pants really depressed me. They were always so loose that I couldn't wear them without a belt, or they would fall to my hips. Now I could barely fit into them, and they were digging into me, very uncomfortable, plus the top button had to stay open (I concealed it with the top hanging over it).

I was surprised though that I could still fit into them with the extra 11lb on my frame. Of course my jeans from those days don't fit any more.

I saw the Turkey Stuffed Peppers recipe and it looked good, but I was too lazy, as it seemed rather time-consuming: first preparing the filling, and then baking them for another 50 min. But it may be worth the effort, especially because they will be enough for 2 meals.

blondie454u replied to Tomato05's response:
Glad the interview went well! Good luck on getting the next one! I am sure you did just fine.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, I am new to this community and have never done this before. I am 37 years old and currently weigh 223 pounds. It feels like I have bee...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.