the race is over!
mommaxeli posted:
The race is over! We had a great time today, though it was COLD! (Around 35 when we started...). I got to the finish line six times before I actually crossed I kept running back to meet more class members and run them to the finish. One of the fears of some members was finishing last. I told them I GUARANTEED them they would not come in last...I made sure I was the last to cross!

Here are a couple pics. This first is a group picture. The second was the best part of the day. Our last member coming into the finish line. A group came out to meet her and run the rest of the way in. It was so cool to hear all the cheering for her!

SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

totallywiggedout responded:
These photos are fantastic! Sounds like you guys all had a great time for a good cause. I'm sure I can speak for the rest of this group, here, mommaxeli, you have become a powerhouse of inspiration not only for us here but by the look of these pics, to almost everyone you have encountered on your journey outside of "Web-dom".
I stand and applaud your victories.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 187.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Tomato05 responded:
Well done to everyone and especially to you - the race will be a long-lasting memory for all of them, that you helped to create.

Where are you on the group photo?

Fynness responded:
Grats!!! Awesome achievement for everyone
SW 290 CW 290 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

abnersmom responded:
Fantastic Mommaxelli! Great pics and terrific job! Amen to Kim's kudos on being inspirational to all. You had to have experienced not just a runner's "high" but a great sense of accomplishment as well.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy responded:
Sounds like it was a great day for all nice photos
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
Hi Tomato I think if I am right she is in first row second from the right as you look at it .

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks, Judy, I think you are right. My face recognition skills are not too good!

mommaxeli responded:
Thanks, everyone! It was definitely a day to remember!

That was a good guess, Judy But I'm actually standing in the back row, fourth from the right in the red! In the running photo, I'm on the left (still in the red!).

I've got a handful of people willing to move onto 10K training. We're starting this week!
SW: 260 CW: 155 GW: 145

jis4judy replied to mommaxeli's response:
Aha that girl in the front I thought was you is also wearing red
has a nice smile so thought it was you LOl thanks for the correction

totallywiggedout replied to mommaxeli's response:
OMG, 10K!!!?? I'm dying just thinking about it, lol.
It's really great that you have inspired people to take a healthier course of action.
Onward!
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 184.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u responded:
Congrats to YOU and ALL who participated! Makes my knees hurt just to look at photo. LOL

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Congrats! What an accomplishment!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.