Skip to content
Getting closer!
tristaj90 posted:
Whoo hoo. I am under 170 finally. I have reached 168.6 and only have about 9 pounds to lose til my mini goal of 160. Hopefully I can get there by November 27th when my son turns 1 year old.. Gosh babies grow so fast.
I had been eating my "maintenance" calories the last week or so. I had a bit of a minor depression between colder weather and 2 of my classmates dying in a car accident. I have however maintained my weight through that so I think i'm doing pretty well. I started an appetite supressant that seems to really work because I wasn't hungry much of the day yesterday at all. I've been really tired lately so my exercise has suffered with that. Can I just be like the bears and hibernate? I hate winter.
I have been keeping up with you ladies while I'm at work and seeing what you guys are doing and I'm just impressed and inspired by the whole lot of you. Congratulations on all of your success and keep it up.
~SW 234 CW 168.6 Goal 160 (by November 27 2012) and 150 by June 2013~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

jis4judy responded:
thats awsome trista good job getting to the 160s
those mini goals sure do help don;t they?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Trista, I am so sorry to hear of your classmates fatal car accident. How unfortunate. When you get over the shock of that, and the initial depression, the best thing you can do is live your life the best you can in their honor. I had 2 of my daughter's friends' moms pass away when the girls were age 16. I keep that in mind on my "bad"days. These girls never had their moms around to see them graduate, etc..

Good to see you are maintaining your calories, that is real progress. You will get back to your exercise.

WTG on 168.6!!! I just love when I see a new decade down on that scale.

Keep up the good work!!!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Oh My gosh I must have just skipped over that part so sorry about your classmates it is hard when we lose peopel near us .
sorry for missing that part I was just too excited about your progress...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hey Trista,
Grats on the weight loss and so sorry to hear about your classmates' accident. Terrible situation , but glad you came through the past week as well as you did.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 184.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

blondie454u responded:
Same here! Sorry for the loss but great job on the weight loss during such a bad time. I hope things get better for you.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Fynness responded:
Hi Trista,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friends, it is a painful ordeal. You have done remarkably well through this trial though! Bravo!!! you've maintained and kept on track... YAY!!!
I know how you feel about hibernation, but you've done such a fantastic job... hang in there and save hope

Lorrie
Lorrie SW 290 CW 268 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a classic "Yo-yo" guy who seems to go in 3-4 year cycles of about a 150 pound range. I've been doing this most of my 47 years so...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.