Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
KIM's Trip to Hobby Lobby...........
jean4u posted:
How's the "boredom" solution going?

Maybe this is the time to start writing or start the prep to that process. Anyway I hope you find a satsifying solution.

Some of the cause for the "unrest" might be that you have 3 people in your home and that is alot of different energy going on, plus what energy they create with you and Michael.

Hope all is well. Do create some "me" time, even if it's going to Wally World and people-gazing by YOURSELF.

Barb

P.S. You are taking care of alot of people and that can take a toll. I always feel a bit drained after my daughter leaves from a visit.

totallywiggedout responded:
Happy Humpday jean,
Yesterday, I skipped Hobby Lobby and went to Hancock Fabrics, set up a lot like a JoAnne's fabrics. I decided to pull out my "older than dirt" portable sewing machine I inherited from my paternal grandmother. I never did have a manual with it and so it's always been a learn as you go experience, especially since I don't really know how to sew.
Anyhow, I pulled it out, found that I was missing the spool pin, the plastic part that holds your thread spool on top, and went in search of a replacement.
Hancock's didn't have it so I found a singer sewing machine repair shop. Weird guy, shop looked like it was just a hobby with him and he didn't have the best "customer attitude" , but I got what I needed plus 2 extra bobbins for $2 so I left as a happy camper.
As cramped as my living situation is, my only sewing room option is the kitchen table... problem two, my kitchen in this rental only has a ceiling fan for light and it only has ONE bulb space AND that bulb space is for a Chandelier sized bulb.... hence the biggest , brightest bulb I can get for it is 35 watt which isn't bright enough to find my way out of a small paper bag. So today , now actually, I'm getting around to go to Home Depot to scope out fan light kit options that may give better light source, hopefully without breaking the bank....
huggs to all, have a good day, at least till I can get back to you and lend another spot of humor as , right now, my life is a friggen laugh riot
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 184.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Fynness replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Morning

Kim, you can come here.. I have an extra room for my sewing! I had pulled out a skirt and dress that need repairs and have them on my kitchen table too... I like the view from the kitchen window so I I set up my machine out there I do wish I had the money to get some fabric. I went through the rest of the yarn I had, so now I have to do something different.

OHHH, I wanted to let you know Kim, the pic I posted is not current. It was one taken before my knee surgery! I do not have a current pic, I'm afraid I'd break the camera I should get one though, just to see the difference as time passes. Just wanted to clarify that fact so you didn't think that was me now. In that pic, the walker is hidden and all I did was stand up from my computer chair and then sit back down. My neighbor took it so I could update my FB page back then.
Lorrie SW 290 CW 268 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

totallywiggedout replied to Fynness's response:
I have fabric, so I'll be right over, lol..... I wish.
Anyhow, I do have fabric. My mom passed away about 13 years ago and I still have almost ALL of her fabric still in it's original fabric cabinet. All folded nice and neat and just sitting there waiting for me to get with it.
Monica is busy knitting a lap blanket for her mom and I keep wondering if I have the wherewithall to actually start AND FINISH any project.
Well, I got a new bulb for my ceiling fan. Took looking in 3 different stores. Can you believe it? It's not even a chandelier bulb, it's a friggen APPLIANCE bulb. The highest and the ONLY one I found is a stupid little bitty and I mean LITTLE bitty 40 watt. It's round and about the same size as a stupid night light bulb. At least it's a clear bulb so even at 40 watts it is way way brighter than the last one I had which was frosted white. THAT one truly sucked lemons.
This am, have already walked my mile and am contemplating what to fix for breakfast. Lately I've been taking Helene's quote to heart. It sounded like the right equation.
remember it? Eat like a King at breakfast, like a Prince at lunch and a Peasant at dinner. It makes sense since you need more energy earlier in the day and you tend to settle down and relax from 5pm on.
Meh, maybe , maybe this am , down to 182.6 will update my signature in a few. Perhaps I will actually reach my Oct goals. That'd be a kick for once.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 184.3 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to Fynness's response:
Lorrie,
About that picture.... do you have an eyeball camera either built into your computer or a small plug in one for it? You can take a snap that way,save it to your "puter pictures " file and then upload it here, or if you maybe have browser service on your phone, you could take a phone pic and email it to your fb that way.... just thinking.
Anyway, I like this pic you have up now. It may not be current but it sure makes you look like WonderWoman
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes lorrie nice photo even if it isn;t current
My photo is over a year old gotta get a new one soon ..
about the sewing I used to sew but my eye issues make it hard to see exactly what I am doing my hand eye coordination is gone . can;t even thread a needle ... for hand sewing ..
I might try crocheting again or knitting those are bigger tools .
You can get back into that look again over time with a sense of commitment to a better lifestyle be aware as we age our bodies burn less calories. So weight lifting can help preserve the muscles to help to burn calories..
Happy thinking thin thursday!
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
very nice photo Lorrie. Look at everyone getting all crafty. I'm taking a couple of days off next week and hope to do the same. My schedule is so hectic that I don't have much time to fit the fun stuff in along with exercise and home chores, but thankful for my job! Looking forward to a good walk this afternoon - been an extremely busy week so I've missed a few days. Nice surprise on the scale this morning after bouncing up a few lbs. Mon. weighed in at 153.8 this morning. Like Kim with her new weight, won't change my signature until it stabilizes!

Oh, and despite everything that I have done, cholesterol still 226, but good cholesterol has gone up. giving me 3 more months and then dr. said meds (he thinks it's hereditary and there's not much else I can do). Sadly, I think that I have to agree because there's not much more I can do food wise to make a difference. On the bright side, I know that I feel like a different person in so many ways.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie do you eat any nuts like walnuts and pistachios?
they are supposed to help Cholesteral and what were your trigliserides? because if they are low your ldl cholesteral maybe miscalculated .
I know the total number maybe a borderline high but the ratio is more important
getting mufas helps monounsaterated fatty acids

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh crap I forgot to acknowlege your weight reduction way to go Debbie

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes WTG! On the loss.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, Everything is normal except my LDL level which is high. My doctor disagrees with you and says the ration doesn't matter, but if the LDL (bad) is high then you need to get it down despite the ration - this may be because there is a history of heart disease in my family, however. Yes, I eat walnuts. Honestly, I have read everything on the subject and the HDL has gone up because of the changes that I have made, but the LDL won't go don't to where he wants it. I even sprinkle chia seeds on salad.

I guess if I went vegan it might help, but sadly, I think I'd rather be on meds than live the rest of my life on a vegan diet.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Judy and Amber, let's hope it sticks.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
the reason I asked about the trygliserides is mine were 27 and when they figure the bad LDL they take the total and subract the good hdl and trygliserides from the total to get the LDL// so the trygliserides can be at 100 and be ok mine were under 50
so my LDL was just over 100 and it is supposed to be under 100 if I had more of the trygliserides mine would have been under 100 // so the figureing is ify there is a more complete test that they usual wait till you have a heart attack to order it.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie, happy Thursday... or not so. I'm sorry about your cholesterol count, glad the good counts are up, sorry about the bad ones.
Grats on your weightloss, doing good girl! WTG!
Now, let's get on those blood chol numbers. I'm gonna ask EVERYONE here on this page to find a link for Debbie that maybe sounds obscure, but may work to her benefit. This is a community site and I'd expect participation from everybody if it was MY problem, and can count on you guys whenever it has been, lol, so I know you will all come through for Debbie..... That was a comical poke in the butt to everyone, don't take it seriously, I know you will help, because that's what we do here.....
my contribution is this Debbie, found it and think it may be worth a look see.. you have 3 months so let's get on it and try our absolute best to try to change those "hereditary numbers." and maybe just maybe prove it wrong.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-yeast-rice/NS_patient-redyeast

I know you have been eating well. Your weighloss proves it. But it may be time to rethink some things in order to further your recovery from high cholesterol.
huggs
K
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
DEBBIE, WTG on 153!!!!!!

Glad you are monitoring that cholesterol. My aunt was very petite and watched her food intake and still had high cholesterol. Some people just manufacture it, GRRRR.

Good for you to focus on your positive changes. I, too, feel like a different person by making this a journey.

Just remember:

Life isn't about finding yourself.
Life IS about CREATING yourself.

(Can't give credit to who thought of this, don't know).

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently took the plunge into stay-at-home mom-hood. I have four children, ranging in age from 1.5 to 17; two are step-children and two are by pregn...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.