Skip to content
off the diet Wagon
justmejust posted:
Hi all,

Sad to say I am not doing as well with my calories as I would like.

My back started acting up from the tennis I was doing with my daughter and friend too, so I've been getting back to simple exercises for my back and not tennis for now. Even my long walks had to be replaced with 10 minute walks for now, especially since I am walking alot on school campus most days of the week already.

So the pain has made me less active, and consequently of lower mood. I am hanging in there and try giving myself affirmations daily while continuing my exercises.

Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

maybembt responded:
Hi Laura,
Glad to see you back. I know what it like to be on the injured list. I broke my wrist and have been in a cast for 6 weeks! Don't give up. Just start over making your baby steps again. If you can't play tennis or walk like you used to, find something you can do. Your mood should improve when you take control of your present situation and experience successful baby steps. Don't compare yourself with past accomplishments just get out and experience new successes. You can do it..
Marybeth 228-201-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

Tomato05 responded:
I can sympathise, as I've had injuries before. Just look at it as a temporary phase; the time will come when you will be more active again.

You are doing the right thing to keep on with what exercise you can do, and trying to find inner strength.

And as for calories... well, I'm struggling with the same. I have a marvelous plan in the morning, but then I veer off this route during the day. Let's just keep improving, even if slowly!

totallywiggedout responded:
Laura, you're still here and you're still tryin so baby welcome back into the fold.
I'm sorry to hear about your back. Tennis, I TOLD YOU SO!!!! lol it's a friggen KILLER.
Maybe check into the gym at your college, they may offer student rates on massages. It may help Laura and would be worth the 20.00 or so cost. Otherwise , see if there's a chiropractic around that can see you cheaply. One or two visits may be the only ones you need and if you've been suffering long , sweety, it's time to try doing something about it. I know I was given Skelastin for a week for my back. It's an anti spasmotic and helped a lot toward pain management.
Just try to take care, ok?

How's school and your artwork going? Hope that at least is going well for you, as I'm really quited sure it is.
Huggs
k
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

abnersmom responded:
Glad you checked in Laura. Your weight has stayed down according to your signature, so be happy about that! Hope your back gets better soon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jean4u responded:
Sorry about your back. Just take the time to mend and try to stay positive.

About the calories.....that is something we all need to work on. Fall is playing havoc with me, too. Just got to get our focus back.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Sorry about your back. I hope you get well! Just taking baby steps until you can figure out what's causing the pain. At least you're doing a little exercise. It's better than nothing right?
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been battling my weight since I was 3 years old. I have been on many diets and with many agencies and doctors. I am looking for support and ide...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.