Skip to content
ground flaxseed
hopeilose posted:
good morning
well after being gone again for a while, I am going to post today about my quest again...going to try to eat healthy, just as Judy does. so with that in mind, I bought some ground flaxseed. I have been putting a tablespoon every morning on my cereal, and a tablespoon later in day sometime. This stuff tastes good too!! 2400 omega 3's in two tablespoons too!! great fiber, has 4 grams of fiber, boy what a easy way to sneak that in!!! been eating fruits more and veggies more, and less alot less red meat. more fish, more turkey, so hoping this change can stay in my life. I am trying to be committed this time...Okay just thought i would pass along my flaxseed tip!! Nancy

Take the Poll

Do you use flaxseed?
  • yes
  • no
  • will now!!
vote
View Poll Results

jis4judy responded:
Hi Nancy
I was thinking of you the other day How are you ?
I am still hanging around here trying to help others if I can but also to keep me focused on maintaining ..
flax seeds sound good I used to make a whole grain bread that had flax seeds in it
I haven;t accually tried them in anything else may give it a try next time I go to whole foods store thats where I used to buy them .
welcome back Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

hopeilose replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy!!
I am doing good! How are you? I see you are at 149ish, good job, still maintaining!! I actually weigh about the same I did before, 210.4 this morning, so actually have maintained. So I figure if I can do that, I got that part down, now just to eat healthy, and the pounds should go away with that. I have learned alot from your nutrition quest over the years, finally got it in my head to just try to do it now..LOL, we are not getting any younger...

Do try the flax, it is awesome sprinkled in yogurt, cereal, and yesterday dh made chili and even sprinkled a tbsp right into my bowl. I keep mine in the freezer, as it is perishable.

Okay thanks...Nancy

jis4judy replied to hopeilose's response:
Hi again Nancy
thats great news that you maintained your last weight . maybe starting again with renewed persistence you will finally get below that 200 mark . keeping your focus on nutrition can help quite a bit also portion size makes a difference too ..
It is really nice to see you back on the wagon with us again/ it is true we aren't getting any younger and the time to begin takeing care of our bodies is now !
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
I put flaxseed in my smoothies. I like to sneak fiber into my diet.

Thanks for the reminder to use it in other foods....will do!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Ok I am at it again, lost track of how many times I have tried to lose weight.About 12 yrs ago I separated from my husband and started a diet of ma...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.