Skip to content
hello from Minnesota
deborah272 posted:
Im Deb 59 years old i need to lose between 50 and 100 pounds

jis4judy responded:
Hi Deborah welcome aboard
You have come to the right place we are all on a journey to better health that results in weight removal... so what are your plan to take control of your food intake and moveing around can help
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Deb, welcome aboard! Has it snowed up there for you yet?
I'm Kim, originally from southern Michigan and am now a Bayou Baby in Louisiana.
First thing I ask everyone to do is fill out a Food and Fitness Planner here on WebMD or the system on Fitday.com. Both are free and both are good tools to get you started and keep you on track. I use this one here because this is my home blog site.
Start off slowly. Read our past blogs, get to know us as a group and as individuals. It's wonderful here on this blog site. Very supportive in all walks of life. We come to gab, to vent , to blog, to share, to just touch base. If websites could be communities we'd be the cul de sac at the end of the tree lined path , under the rose trellis archway.
Like Judy said, tell us about your plans for you journey. About how you normally eat, exercise and live.... what you like to eat and what you can't stand the sight of..... then , we make suggestions if you'd like or share recipes or just chat about what to do and how to cope.
The biggie is the f and f planner though. That gives you an idea of how many calories and how much exercise to shoot for daily. So do one of those then come on back to us, we'll be here waiting with open arms.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

abnersmom responded:
Hi Deb and welcome! We have a couple of things in common: my mom was born in Minnesota and I turn 59 next week!

Glad to have you join us on our healthy journey. It's a great group on this board!
Debbie SW 265 CW 155 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

Fynness responded:
Welcome to the board Deborah

You are sure to find assistance with your weight goals from the ladies here. I've received soooooo much information and excellent exercise ideas.

As it's been stated here, do take full advantage of the WebMD tools for weekly progress, the food log is great!! I myself have a goal of losing 105 pounds. Daunting task as it may be, I feel I can do it with the help I've received from the many wonderful people here.

Dig in and take out of it what you can Good luck..

Lorrie
Lorrie SW 290 CW 268 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
If Minnesota Deb sticks around I will call you FL Deb, OK?

Barb

jean4u responded:
Welcome! We can always use another Deb!

Barb

deborah272 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
where do i find the food and fitness planner I already keep track of everything I eat. I can't exercise much can barely walk bad back and hip.I'm just eating less for now. I'm hoping exercise will come later.

rohvannyn replied to deborah272's response:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/food-fitness-planner/default.htm

Also, check out the tips for newcomers resource on the right!

Welcome to the group.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

blondie454u replied to deborah272's response:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, I'm a 46 year old mother of a son, two dogs, and two fish...LOL. I'm married and really need to loose this weight for myself. ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.