Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Challenge
hopeilose posted:
Hello
You all have a monthly challenge or goal setting here of any type??
nancy

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Nancy, yes sometimes. It's not a real religious thing, if someone starts a thread, like Kali has for the past couple of months we all chime in. Here's our latest one's thread...
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2686
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u responded:
Nancy, Kim referred you to the October Goal discussion. There probably will be one for November. I think it really helps to make short term goals. These really do help us to reach our long term ones that seem so far away.

Good to see you!

Barb

Fynness responded:
For now, at least for me, just sticking to my exercise and walks and making it a routine I can do everyday, this is enough for me. My thoughts aren't toward weight loss at this time but learning healthier habits and incorporating them into my daily activities so they become habit. THEN... I'll start looking at weight loss, I figure it will happen with these changes I am making (which it already has) so I'm not going to torture myself by weighing in and checking. I did do a start measurement and will do near the end measurement. That's about it though.

Lorrie
Lorrie SW 290 CW 268 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

Tomato05 replied to Fynness's response:
Lorrie, I think you have a very wise approach to take it step by step like that. Once your habits are better, other good things will follow almost automatically, I think.

My challenge at this stage is just to survive and stay sane, but like you, also to just focus on healthy habits. I am already sleeping more, which I am proud of. My eating is fairly healthy, but I still need to cut down on the sweet things (that I must not turn to now in my time of stress).

jean4u replied to Fynness's response:
LORRIE,

We have to do this OUR way, what makes sense in OUR lives.
Remember that turtle did WIN the race!

Barb

jean4u replied to Tomato05's response:
TOMATO,

One day at a time!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.