Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Birthday thoughts...
lost815cm posted:
Today (Sunday) was my 28th birthday. Mixed emotions. My parents and siblings came to see me and we had a great time enjoying each others company. 28. Wow. I can honestly say after all these years of struggling with my weight, I never thought I'd still be struggling at this age. I don't know how long it will take to take all this extra baggage off, but I better be skinny by 30! hopefully by then I will have figured out how to take it off and keep it off. I still don't get why my weight isn't budging. I'm eating about 1500 calories and day and exercising a minimum of 30 min everyday. And still nothing. Sigh. What will it take?
Catelyn SW 276 CW 250 GW 150

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

jis4judy responded:
Hi Catelyn,
Happy Birthday !!!
for me I have to walk briskly for nearly an hour a day to keep the weight off .. and if your calories are comeing from any proccessed foods be aware those calories listed on the package could be off by 30 % or more .
I was stuck for a while after removeing substanial weight and thats when i bought a food scale to weigh my meats nuts and fruits that way I get a more accurate number in my calorie count ..I also weigh sweet potato and regular potato
I still eyeball my green vegies...I also Look for other ways to sneak in some exercise like last night I watched my football team play and I did jumping jacks for each point as they scored them and high kicks with a clapp under my thigh one for each point each leg forinstance a touchdown would be 7 jumping jacks and 14 high kicks alternating legs they scored 29 point altogether with 10 for the win so that was 39 jumping jacks 78 high kicks all while watching TV and enjoying myself..
sneaky exercise.. sort of a ritual
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
CATELIN,

Happy Birthday!

Sorry about things not coming together in shedding the weight. Sometimes we just have to tweak things.

Have you had a physical lately? Any thyroid or other stuff going on?

At 28, your metabolism should be revving! Us older gals really have to crank it up to lose!

Don't give up, just find YOUR way!

Barb

Fynness responded:
Happy Birthday Caitlin!

As Judy stated, it's a trial and error thing. Finding something you enjoy and can incorporate it into your daily schedule, make it routine so over time you find the results you need.

Having a Dr. check your blood count is another to shed some light on your chemistry is another good one. This is a battle no doubt, and trying to change our eating habits, the nutrition we receive from what we eat is a major factor as well. I've found I have made some major changes in my menu and how I snack. Just hang in there!! Try different things, keep track of your body and how you feel... (at least that's what I did to find the exercises I am working on and it seemed to help). So many people here have excellent advice and ideas. You are sure to find something that will work for you.

This isn't a fast fix, it's a life change... we have to remember this.

Hugs..
Lorrie
Lorrie SW 290 CW 268 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

lost815cm replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh crap! I meant to buy a food scale at the store this weekend and forgot! I do try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible! I eat a lot do organic and whole wheat/grain foods. I do the same thing when watching football! Since they take a million commercial breaks, I hike up and down my stairs each time!

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

lost815cm replied to jean4u's response:
I've had a physical within the last few months I'm sure. I always have thyroid symptoms going on, but when I get it tested, it's fine. I wish my metabolism was revving at my age! I know it should be, that's why it's frustrating! I may go back to the doctor and see what gives!

lost815cm replied to Fynness's response:
I agree! I've been drilling that into my husbands head for months now and he's finally starting to check labels for nutrition content! I keep telling him we can't just eat healthy occasionally and think that's enough! It has to be forever!

blondie454u responded:
Happy Birthday! You've gotten some great advice.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout responded:
Happy belated Birthday Catelyn, I do hope you had very good one.
28 isn't so old and you know what? It doesn't matter how long it took you to get to the point where you decided to do something about "the weight struggle" , only that you are doing it NOW.
Honey, You have arrived at the FIRST day of the rest of your life. It helps to remember that
"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory."~ Friedrich Engels

Here's to skinny 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and beyonds!
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Mardee. I am 22 years old and married to my amazing husband for almost 3 years now. And here is my story. I used to be thinner than...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.