Skip to content
Day 1
Mandy29 posted:
Thank you everybody for your welcoming comments and tips. Today has not been a good day. I've felt tired and sleepy all day. I managed not to drink any soda today but I did have some sweet tea. I didn't walk for 10 minutes yet. The sun has gone down and I don't feel comfortable walking around outside this late. I'm at my relative's house caring for her (stroke patient) while her husband is injured. I don't want to disturb them by pacing around the house for 10 minutes. The floors creak badly and that just does something worse to my self esteem. I think I may just grab a flashlight and go outside anyway. I know I'll feel worse if I don't walk that little 10 minutes today at all.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Mandy.
I'm really sorry that you had such a crappy day. It sure sounds like you need to take some time out sometime earlier. Late night walks are great, but you have to feel comfortable in the neighborhood in order to do it right. So I would suggest, on nice days, getting your relative into a wheelchair or whatever is necessary and push her while you walk. Or , if she doesn't have one, see if you can get her outside at least so that YOU can do some exercise in the sunshine and still watch over her. Otherwise , bedridden ppl tend to nap A LOT. Do some short outside stints while shes napping .
lol
that said, here is a video that I try to pass along to anyone who sounds like they may need something easier, less time consuming ....
try this vid. It's super easy because it's all done while SITTING and it still burns about 80 calories in the 12 min. PLUS doing this even late at night , won't "rock the rafters or make the floors squeek".
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=42

huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u responded:
Good for you to skip the soda. Just keep making small changes. You took the time to post. Look at what you can do and eat even though you have restrictions.

One of the really hard things to stop in the beginning is thinking of all the "reasons" that prevent us from doing things. If you don't do healthier things for you, who will? When a year goes by, you won't be sorry you made healthy choices!

Barb

P.S. Keep a journal of the healthy things you do each day. It doesn't matter if you log just one thing, that IS one more thing than none!

blondie454u responded:
Sorry you had a bad day. I hope you have a better day today!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Mandy,

You certainly have taken a great step in eliminating caffeine and sugar in your diet.

They are both very empty energy boosts. And when you run out of it you get a down and get very tired. I know that I use to drink 10 coffees a day and now I drink only one in the morning. But I stop gradually because of withdraw syndromes.
Sugar is about the same,
See the wbmd slide show
http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-sugar-addiction

It takes time but you can do it.

My hearth goes to you I hope that the care giving is a temporary arrangement.

Tomorrow can only be better
Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Mandy29 replied to mefirstforever's response:
It is a temporary arrangement. I stay here from Monday morning through Thursday and return home on Friday morning. I don't mind the care giving. I do it out of love and to repay the past kindnesses shown to me.

Sweet tea is my biggest weakness when it comes to the caffeinated and sugary beverages. Eliminating soda is a bit easier to me. I'm still working on it.

jean4u replied to Mandy29's response:
Good for you to know your weaknesses. Mine is white carbs. This will ALWAYS be a challenge for me.

Just keep plugging away!!!

Barb

justmejust responded:
Hi Mandy,

Please stick around with us through up and down days. We get there through sharing together.

Welcom,

Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Spotlight: Member Stories

It took me many years to put on this extra 100 lbs plus and I know it will take me some time to get it off but one day at a time and God by my side I ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.