Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
USA bound
maybembt posted:
Hi Everyone, I thought I'd better post before Kim decides I am MIA. I got my cast off Monday. My hand is swollen twice the size; it looks like it is going to pop!. The fingers are stiff. I wish I could get this swelling down. I will be headed to the states in 2 weeks. I plan to see a physical therapist to get some exercises. Is aerobics bad for swelling? I will be in the US to raise support for missions, and visit relatives and home church. I know many will invite me to eat with them; I will be a guest in my brothers home for a week; and I will have to deal with the holidays and birthdays. This is going to be a real challenge.
Marybeth 228-198-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

mefirstforever responded:
Marybeth,

I'm sorry that your arm is not better. You will certainly get much better care in the US.

I think the next few month will be challenging for a lot of us. We have to stick together. And we will succeed.

Have a safe trip home !!!
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout responded:
Well, I got a laugh outta that one Marybeth..... yes, I guess I have taken on the role of "hall monitor" ..... It hurts when you all take off and you don't even say "bye" . lol sigh, feel so unappreciated......
Bah...
Anyhow. That hand, whys the stupid thing so swollen??11
Anybody got any ideas for this poor girl?
Aerobics won't be "bad" necessarily for your arm, but I worry about that swelling.
Stuff like that, you usually keep it raised to keep the swelling down and aerobics will necessitate it being down to keep your balance on your feet.
Idk but that swelling has me worried. I don't like it one bit.
I want you to STOP swelling in fact! RIGHT NOW! lol
I'm gonna look up why you may be and ill get back with you. it really bugs me.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u responded:
Wishing you a safe journey and relief on that swelled hand, that has to be tough. Enjoy your visit and holidays!

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Have a safe journey to the USA Marybeth I hope someone can help when you get here to find a way to get that hand back to normal..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Fynness responded:
Good news Marybeth! Hope you get the swelling controlled, it must be painful you are in prayers...

Enjoy your time home visiting family and friends . Take care and you can do it! Look at how far you've come already.. hang in there

lorrie
Lorrie SW 290 CW 261 GW 185
~~ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein ~~

abnersmom responded:
Hi Marybeth, Got a chance to check in quickly. Wishing you safe travels and hope you can check in every once in a while. Get that hand checked out while you are here. Hopefully, they can help you get that swelling down.

Holidays will be challenging for us all, but we can do it!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 153.8 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
Have a safe trip!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, I am new to this community and have never done this before. I am 37 years old and currently weigh 223 pounds. It feels like I have bee...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.