Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hi Everyone!
justmejust posted:
Halloween is midweek and I am so busy with school and being a mom for my wonderful teens the rest of the time. Accompanied 17 year old Jim to fabric shop, he is making a bishops type costume for party at a friends house as someone from Spanish Inquisition a la Monty Python. And drove Susan to the HS girls tennis team bonfire party at one of the girl's houses. Got her an apple pie from Tippins at the grocery store for her to take. It's what she wanted and I was too busy today to make home made, which I love.

This morning Mike joined me at my primary care appointment regarding my back and right leg and foot pain, have had a little bit of improvement over the 10 weeks of pain. The pain is still 24/7, but not at a steady 8-10/10 pain level as the first several weeks. It may be down a notch or two. And I continue my back exercises. My goal is to play tennis and ride bikes again

Glad Marybeth will be in the States again for a while, and that everyone is still here and chatting! Now to go pick up Susan from her party!

Best wishes to all.
Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Laura, Happy preHalloween.
Sounds like your kids are keeping you busy this season and on top of your continuing education you have all of this pain , I'm so sorry . Wish there were something we could do or suggest with that other than for you to take it easy.
With all this on your plate, you still seem in good spirits. Keep the happy thoughts, ok?
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u responded:
Laura, Too bad about that pain, but good that you are getting it checked out. Your family is on the go and making you the disignated "Go-Go Mom"!

Take care!

Barb

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura you sound so busy maybe you need a rest day
sounds like your kids are as creative as you with the costume choices , thats nice.. sorry about the pain I know it is difficult to have pain all the time do you remember what you did to maybe hurt your back ..? I hurt mine last year pulling stuff out of a bottom freezer . was not fun dealing with it that for sure.
I hope it goes away quickly
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you Kim, Barb, and Judy. For sure I am resting, especially on my back on the floor or bench with my knees bent whenever my back hurts too much from school or running errands or doing chores at home.

Love to all!
Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

mefirstforever replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Stranger, I so glad you pop up. I see that you are at the super woman moment of your life and you body is talking to you. Hope you back gets better soon.

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

justmejust replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene,

Thanks for the support. I see the chiropractor in a couple weeks. Perhaps she can help me with the back, foot, and leg nerve pain.

I remember you mentioned back pain in the past too.

Laura

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura I just thought of something Barbara told me in a post to ly down on the floor with your butt skooched up to a sofa put your leg on the seat of sofa Ly there for about 15 maybe 20 minutes and while there do kegals for something to occupy your mind ... this is supposed to realine your spine it did help my back ...

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, Would that be just one leg or 2 legs put up on the sofa?

both legs on the seat area of the sofa while your butt is as close as you can get it to the front of sofa

abnersmom responded:
Hi Laura, Hope your back gets better soon. Sounds like you are staying busy with some fun stuff. Glad you checked in.
Debbie SW 265 CW 153.8 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
Hope everything goes well!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Thank you Debbie and Amber. Judy, thanks for the info. I was doing it and have increased it to 20 minutes like you say.

Back is better. Will keep going one day at a time.

Thinking of taking next semester off - too much work, and money!

My scale reads 200 lb today. Judy, you'll be glad to hear that I am cutting out sugar for 2 weeks. Then will go from there. Hasn't been difficult so far.

Cheers!
Laura

sounds like a plan Laura useing less and less sugar is important I believe it causes inflamation in our bodies
knowing when to take time off when your schedule is too busy is a good thing. Hugs Judy:)

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Great job on cutting out sugar!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost over 100 lbs 2 times in my adult life. I was thin as a child. Due to some major surgeries when I was a young teen and the inability to be ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.