Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
weight loss and fitness on target
Lonniez posted:
I started my journey in June of last year at 250 unofficially 248 officially. I went on a plant based diet and eat mostly fruit. I was unemployed, severely obese, type 2 diabetes, severe obstructive sleep apnea (Using a bipap machine to sleep) asthma, acid reflux, migraines and allergies. I could barely walk from my couch to my front door without being breathless. Fast forward to today. No medical symptoms and I have not even had a cold since I started my journey. I have a job finally! I am almost to the century mark for weight loss. I ran 20 miles on saturday at a 9.08 minute mile. I am also still not taking any medications. Just letting people know that if you change your diet and move your body you to can realize your goals. I am currently 5'10' and 153lbs.

jis4judy responded:
congrats Lonniez
You are a true inspiration thank you for posting with us
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
congratulations Lonnie, yes, it's nice to hear from people who have "made it" to the other side... Thanks for your input and encouraging words
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jean4u responded:
LONNIEZ, Great work!!!

You are living proof that we can create a new "us".

I hope you will share more of the timeline of what changes you made and how your thinking changed along the way.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Congrats to you!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

cm2bme responded:
Congratulations on meeting your goal. Impressive to lose so much in such a short time. I too have many of your medical complaints- HTN, Sleep apnea and frequent bronchitis, asthma, etc. I will keep in mind that these can be improved by correcting my diet. What did you do to follow a plant based diet? No meat or just add more veggies and fruit? Would like to know. Antway, I am glad for you and wish you the best to maintain your loss. carol
Carol SW 270 CW 258 Goal under 175 Be kind to yourself!

mefirstforever responded:
Congratulation Lonniez,

Thank you for sharing your story. You are the proof that it is possible to be healthy and happy.

To me you are at the century mark and you deserve all the prays. This is the beginning a a new adventure maintenance.

Enjoy!
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

So glad I found this support group. I am inclined 2 b a loner and now that I'm not working it's 2 ez 2 b a recluse (& eat). Hi school days...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.