Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Halloween!
kalimiller posted:
I hope that everyone has a great day!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

jis4judy responded:
you too Kali I am looking forward to the kids comeing to my door for their treats
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn responded:
Happy Halloween! I'm not doing much but at least I'm dressing up at work. Got disgusted at the high prices on pumpkins so I carved a navel orange!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jean4u responded:
Happy Halloween!

Barb

jean4u replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, I thought the pumpkins were pricey, too. Changing the topic, though, I got a tip on TV. Rinse the carved pumpking in bleach water to stop it from getting all slimy inside. Wish I would have known that years ago.

I like your orange carving idea! Go Paleo!!!

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Thanks and everyone else as well! Be safe!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn replied to jean4u's response:
Maybe I can find a better deal on a pumpkin in an after halloween sale. I want to slice it up thin and dry it for emergency supplies or to add to soup, and then take the seeds and make wasabi pumpkin seeds. Have to haunt the grocery stores tomorrow and look for cheap pumpkins.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jean4u replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, I recently saw a crockpot recipe for pumpkin meatloaf. You had to find a pumpkin that fit into the crockpot, clean out the seeds (you could save for baking). It called for ground meat or turkey (your choice of additions). Very simple. Then when done you removed the whole thing and cut it up like a pie and served the meat filling on the pumpkin slices. Could this fit into your Paleo plan?

The recipe came from Spark People. It called for 1 lb. ground turkey, pkg. onion soup, 1 cup bread crumbs (I think you could substitute zuchinni or some veggie for the bread), 2 eggs...that's it. NO WATER. Slow cooker on LOW for 8 hrs. Cut into 8 pcs.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

ive been married for 22 years I love to garden,walk,fish,spend time outside,I enjoy cooking and baking I,m looking to learn a better lifestyle of eati...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.