Skip to content
New to the Club
Meljoy posted:
Hi all, I learned about this blog from the book Secrets of a Former Fat Girl. Though I wasn't thrilled to have that title staring at me day after day, the information inside spoke to me, and this forum came highly recommended.

I have 60 pounds to lose to get from "obese" to "healthy", am 44, have high cholesterol, am a full-time student, work part-time, have 2 school aged children & just got divorced this summer. My biggest challenge always is being consistent with my food choices & portion control & exercising. And with the crazy schedule & stress levels, it'll be an even greater challenge. I know doing this publicly will help me with the accountability I need to keep this up.

My start date is tomorrow, November 1st. Glad to be part of the club!

rohvannyn responded:
This blog is in that book? Hey gals, we're famous!

Welcome to the group. You'll find lots of support and fun conversation here, and lots of great ideas. Sounds like you are off to a great start with being aware of your challenges, I hope you enjoy your time here.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

blondie454u responded:
Glad you've joined us. There are few here that are working on their journey and some of us maintaining our journey so we all are a welcoming group. This is a good group to rant your frustration and applaud your victories! Good luck in your journey and post often. Give us tips and ideas that you are doing to complete your journey.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Meljoy replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks for the warm welcome! Day 1 is going great so far despite being alone with the Halloween cookies & candy. I think I'll need to get it out of the house tomorrow though!

Your loss is impressive & inspiring! Good for you!

Meljoy replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks for the warm welcome. It does sound like a fun group & it looks like you're well on your way to a successful goal...nice work!

blondie454u replied to Meljoy's response:
Thanks! If it wasn't for this board I don't think I could have done it. They keep me going to keep maintaining. I don't won't to ever be that way again.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u responded:
Welcome Meljoy,

Yes, looks like you got alot of new things going on in your life. All of us here are very individual but the one thing we have in common is sharing the struggle of either losing the weight or the day to day of keeping it OFF.

Keeping in mind that progress not perfection is the goal does help. Also the seemingly small changes do add up to a healthier you. Look at it this way, too, how would you feel 1 year later. In November, 2013.....boy I'm glad I started a year ago OR I really need to get started.

Barb

jean4u replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, I always thought WE were SPECIAL!!!

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber,

I know I couldn't have done it or kept it off without seeing just what it takes. Getting the support here each day is the BEST!

Barb

blondie454u replied to jean4u's response:
It helps to others have struggles just like everyone else. Keeps me in check.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Meljoy
welcome aboard
I myself have been on my journey a long time currently maintaining, the thing to remember is you are begining a new way to approach food , It helps to see the benifits of healthy foods and the harm the unhealthy foods can cause .. thats first then there is portion control .It certainly is good for us to do these things

So what was the main message of the book you read ?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Hi Meljoy, I'm late to the party, but welcome!!! I started my weight loss in June of 2011 and joined here that Sept. This board has truly made all the difference for me this time around. I haven't been able to check in daily like I usually do so forgive the lateness of the welcome, but glad to have you with us. Good luck!
Debbie SW 265 CW 153.8 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Meljoy,

How is your first week? How old are your kids maybe they can help you by surfing the web for recipes and the could join you in the exercises.

Good luck in your new journey
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi all! My stories simple, I'm here to lose weight and to find like minded people to connect with. I lost my motivation, and hoping and praying th...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.