Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
back again
hopeilose posted:
Hello
Well I missed the last four days here...and got off track and off plan
So today, I have tried to reel myself back in, doing ok, but not great, calories are in the right range but not the foods yet..
So will try a little harder tomorrow.....Nancy

jis4judy responded:
Hi Nancy must be goblins in the internet this is my second try to reply to you
we all slip so just keep getting back on plan as soon as you can you have a great attitude try harder tomorrow
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Nancy, The important thing is getting back on your track. Think progress not perfection. This is not an all or nothing thing.

We can do this! Let's hang a holiday outfit to motivate us. Maybe some pants and top that would look better if we had a few lbs. off. Just something to help us. A visualization board with healthy quotes. I think this time of year is particularly tough with all the tempting foods in sight, that we need to bump up our game plan to help keep us on our game.

Any ideas out there?

Barb

blondie454u responded:
The only suggestion I can give you is what works for me but remember what works for me doesn't always work for someone else. I stay motivated because of what I have accomplished. I like being healthy for myself and my family. I don't want to be sick and dying before my time. There is a small part of me doing it for vanity. Yes I like looking good and I am not ashamed of it! You're gonna make mistakes but who doesn't? Just keep doing it and you will get there.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

An_246571 replied to jean4u's response:
I find it helpful not to think about it as a "track" that we get on/off to reach a goal which ends, but thinking of it more like a series of daily choices that add up to a long-term change in lifestyle. Over time, some days we follow our plans more closely, and some we choose to deviate. Every decision has a cost, pluses and minuses, that should add up to eventually reach our goals and then maintain them over our lives. I don't think we should feel bad that we aren't always consistent, as long as we understand that there is a price to be paid for our decisions , and that we need to adjust accordingly over the long term.

So I think you're right to take it day by day - and tomorrow IS another day for more choices. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been gaining and loosing weight most of my adult life. The diet of choice has always been weight watchers. I've lost and gained 90 lbs mo...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.