Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How did you do on Halloween ?
jis4judy posted:
My road was blocked off some kind of construction going on a few doors down from me so we didn;t get the boatload of kids we usually get . we got some probably our neighborhood kids but I am sure the drop offs from other neighborhoods didn;t come .. I usually go through 4 or 5 bags of candy this year I gave out 2 each and didn;t even use 3 bags ..on weekends halloween I go through 6 or 7 bags
so their was leftovers and I devoured a few of those small size peanut butter cups / thank goodness my hubby hid the leftovers before I woke up this morning or I would have continued the binge like behavior some things can never be alowed in the house at all . So once a year
I do something dumb I think I can live with that .
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

abnersmom responded:
Yes, Judy, I think you are allowed. I don't ever have trick or treaters at my condo, but I did go to bridge club last night. The hostess had all sorts of goodies and I overindulged. Temptations come in all shapes and flavors and the chips and salsa got me this time! Back on track this morning as you are.
Debbie SW 265 CW 153.8 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

totallywiggedout responded:
We don't get trick or treaters here. It's depressing. The first couple of years in this house, I bought candy, put porch lite on, carved and lit a pumpkin, decorated the door, even sat on a lawnchair on the porch with my goodies..... nothing. It was really bad because just up the corner and across the main street, there were kids trick or treating.
I hate to say that it's maybe because I'm white in a mostly black area, but it's either that or since there's no sidewalks down my block that they just prefer to walk the areas that have them. Idk.
This year I gave up and didn't do anything. Which is a shame, because I love Halloween.
I went to Walmart early though and the door lady had a box of candies, I had a fun sized York, that was my big indulgence for the night.... oh Michael also gave me one of those teeny tootsie rolls, I had that too.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

blondie454u responded:
I had one owl cookie someone made at work and today they had pizza but I didn't eat that. I am saving mine indulgences for Thanksgiving.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Mandi_moo1982 responded:
well since Halloween is my anniversary I did have spaghetti for breakfast and breakfast for dinner...just so that my body could (hopefully) burn off the sugar in the whole wheat noodles. As for trick or treaters I don't get them either. I kinda live in the city but our apartment is kinda hidden. So no chocolate crossed my lips but Thanksgiving I know I am going to be bad.
Mandi-sw 386 cw 366 gw 150.

jean4u responded:
Judy,

We don't get trick or treaters so I don't buy candy. Good for your DH to help you out. I don't think I could control myself with candy laying around and I'm not even a sweet craver.

BTW what are you going to do with all the leftover candy? That would play on my mind and I would probably cave in later, too.

You just get back on your track girl! A slip happens to us all and that is the most important lesson, here, is we can do better the next day.

Gee, Judy, you've been maintaining your 100 lb. loss for 9 years, now, WTG!!!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Yes Barb getting back into my groove is the only way to recover from that kind of indulgence. well If my daughter comes by soon I can have her take it to work with her.
or maybe I will drop it in mail boxes along my walk LOL
I gave out 2 at a time to each kid and still have leftovers
I envy you not haveing to deal with it ..It is a lot of fun to see the little kids all dressed up and excited..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

lost815cm responded:
I ate a few small pieces of candy and was still under my calorie goal! It was a quieter Halloween this year compared to last. Last year I was so hot because I was hiking up and down the stairs every 3 min to answer the door! Talk about an unintended workout! It's year I was still hiking the stairs but only about every 20-30 min or so. Lucky for me I don't usually overindulge on Thankgiving. The food is always delicious, but I've always seemed to behave!
Catelyn SW 276 CW 250 GW 150

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Glad you had fun and enjoyed seeing the kids in their costumes. Getting that candy out of the house, fast, is a good plan, too.

Barb

jean4u replied to lost815cm's response:
Catelyn, Good that you allowed for the candy calories and STILL kept it under your range, WTG!!! It really is about finding out how we can enjoy life and face it food is part of life, that we don't feel like we are punishing ourselves. Because whenever I have, in the waay past, gone on a severe diet meant to lose fast, I could not stay with it and ended up giving up and eating everything I felt I was denying myself. Much much better to portion control our treats than feel like we are getting punished and denying ourselves.

I am starting to think about how and what I will eat for Thanksgiving. My DH bought 3 lbs. of roasted (non-salted) almonds. I found a recipe for cinnamon, baked almonds. You can use non-sugar sweetener, too. It calls for 1 egg white, so I think it will be low carb and a nice treat, of course PORTION CONTROL!!!

I like to eat pumpkin pie with lite Cool Whip and discard the crust. For some reason I never liked pie crusts, just the filling.

Plan to have lots of fresh veggies and low cal dips or salsa and hummus.

Barb

lost815cm replied to jean4u's response:
Mmm sounds yummy! thanks for the kind words! I've never been a crust person either. My favorite type of pie is Dutch apple with all the crumbles on top! Delicious! My mom always makes delicious pecan pies and pumpkin every year. I also plan to eat as many veggies as I can to fill up! I also try to eat Greek yogurt, but I've never been a big yogurt eater so I've discovered my own smoothie type recipe where I use frozen berries (blueberry, raspberry, blackberry) and the yogurt and just give it a quick blend and it is the most gorgeous color and delicious!

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

Catelyn, I never used to be a big yogurt person. But my youngest and Helene (on here) kept raving about Greek yogurt. So I tried it. The 100-140 cal. with fruit and the plain I use small amounts on sweet potatoes with chives or mixed with salsa. I think it really has helped me maintain my weightloss. It really keeps my hunger down. I make a 20 oz. styrafoam cup of (parfait). I put grapes, berries then the Greek yogurt and add a sliced banana on top. I eat this during my A.M. walk for breakfast and that really stays with me. People always comment "boy that looks good". Sprinkle some high fiber cereal on top, too.

I save those styrafoam cups for my packables healthy foods and drinks.

I am going to make up some snack baggies of about 10 plain almonds and 1/4 cup of chocolate Cheerios. I will store these in a gallon baggie. I really like to have my grab & go foods.

Barb

BTW, I was shying away from the Greek yogurt because it is higher in calories than the lower calorie yogurts BUT I find the higher value of protein is helping me with the cravings and controlling my hunger.

lost815cm replied to jean4u's response:
That does sound delicious! I've never tried the chocolate Cheerios. Maybe I will. I love peanut butter multigrain Cheerios! They taste just like PB Cap'n Crunch, but without the guilt!

totallywiggedout replied to jean4u's response:
I'm still really stuck on plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. Judy got me turned onto that and I was so surprised at the juxtoposition of sweet and sour that my mouth still waters every time I think about it. It's akin to when I first had cranberry wine with my Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing. Those flavors just burst out into song when introduced to eachother.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

I actually got into the chocolate Cheerios on one of these diet boards and then got the idea to make the snack bags and add almonds. I get the PB ones and apple cinnamon, too.

I just got to have my crunchy snacks!

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently retired and am trying to adjust to the slower pace of life. I have gained a bit and am trying to get a routine going to become more active...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.