Skip to content
Trouble Tomorrow...Baby shower
Mandi_moo1982 posted:
I am going to be in alot of trouble tomorrow. I am going to my sister in law's baby shower!!! I can't wait but the food is going to be all bad except the salad. I think they are having Rigs, fried chicken, salad, pasta salad, cookies and a rubber duckie cake. And suggestions of anything I can do to keep me from the food??
Mandi-sw 386 cw 366 gw 150.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Mandi yes pay more attention to the people at the party and not so much on the food eat something filling before you go . those are my strategies for parties/
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Mandi_moo1982 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy...I am sooo shy but I know a good amount of people that will be there so hopefully I will a panic attack.

totallywiggedout responded:
My suggestion, take your own passing dish. Maybe a veggie platter with some fat free dressing as a dip.
Also, use one of the small cake plates as your dinner plate. Take small dabs of each of the things that you like, SMALL . Then move to the opposite side of the room or garden or wherever from the food. Give yourself that buffer of space, that way, if you really feel like eating more, you have to walk to it, by which time, you may do well to talk yourself out of the seconds.
Take several bottles of water and some sugar free flavors to mix into them. The sweetness from the drinks will help combat the urge to splurge.
When it comes to cake time, I'm sorry, but, serve yourself. Cut a small piece for yourself, scrape off at least half of the frosting, and then indulge. You will serve yourself smaller than most ppl with give you, this puts YOU in control.
good luck you can do this
Huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

Mandi_moo1982 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim...I will try those nice options. exspecally the cake

Mandi_moo1982 replied to Mandi_moo1982's response:
Ok sooo I did ok..I ate before I went and only ate a few things from the veg and meat and cheese tray..and I thought I was getting broccoli casserole..well it turned out to be dressing..so I tried it and well I stopped eating it. I did have a cookie and no cake. But the shower was very good my sister in law cleaned house..I think she got just about everything she needed.

Mandi_moo1982 replied to Mandi_moo1982's response:
oops on a side note I did clean my whole house and heavy cleaning once I got home to make me feel a little better...except my legs are really sore..and tomorrow I will be doing an excerise video that I found on you tube..Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I think it will be more than 30 days for me. Anyone have any good ways to help with the soreness after excerise and cleaning? Thanks in advance.

jean4u replied to Mandi_moo1982's response:
Mandi, Got to ask, what the heck is "rubber ducky" cake???

Good job on not overdoing at baby shower. Glad it turned out good for her, too.

Good that you are 20 down!!! WTG!!! Also sticking to it for over 30 days!

Soreness goes away, just takes time. Better to have that than a perfectly not sore body and couch marks! LOL I had plenty of those marks for years.

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
me too I want to know what the heck is rubber ducky cake never heard of it. and great job not overdoing it at the shower//
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Barb I searched for it and here is a link to rubberducky cake

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/rubber-ducky-cake/6c6a5d65-fead-423b-b939-9e8feb2746a6?nicam1=paid_search&nichn1=UM&nipkw1=rubber%20ducky%20cake&niseg1=TDCore_BC&nicreatID1=nonbranded&mkwid=eiL3BpJul&pcrid=625783713

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
LOL, that rubber ducky cake reminds me of my sister's Lady Bug cake. Every bday for her sons till they were old enough to ask for something they WANTED, she made the lady bug. It was so cute and super easy really, I made it a couple of times too as a summer party cake.
You know those nesting pyrex mixing bowls that came in blue yellow and red? You'd use the medium mixing bowl for the cake mold
Mix any flavor cake mix in lg mixing bowl as directed.
Fill the med bowl to 3/4 full with the mix
Bake as directed , adding a few min for the extra thickness of the cake.
Unmold cake onto serving plate
Top with that cooked "Fluffy white frosting" also known as Marshmallow frosting
.... this is where it gets Iffy now, since I haven't seen these in years..... you took two strands of black licorice shoe laces, now I suppose you'd have to cut thin strips of regular black licorice whips, Lay the strand right down the middle of the cake to about 2/3 of the length, then lay another at the unlaced end to form the head, eyelashes and a red licorice shoelace for the smile
Then cut large black gumdrops into slices for the eyes, and black wing dots
Sprinkle red colored sugar onto wing sections making sure not to get any on head or tail section, till completely covered, place dots , eyelashes and smile on and serve.

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:

abnersmom replied to Mandi_moo1982's response:
Great job, Mandy. And you got a clean house to boot! I did some gardening over the weekend and a lot of bending over. The muscles in the back of my legs are sore, but it is a good feeling to know that we are exercising those muscles even if we have to deal with a little soreness. Keep up the good work!
Debbie SW 265 CW 153.8 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

Spotlight: Member Stories

Now that my daughter is 19 and busy with college, work and her boyfriend, I feel like it's time to focus on myself. I am 43 and I REALLY want to g...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.