Skip to content
Height and Weight Ratio
lost815cm posted:
Most of you have your current weight, starting weight and goal weight listed on here. But what about height? It helps me put things into perspective. Sound off people! I'll start: I'm 5'8"....
Catelyn SW 276 CW 250 GW 150

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

totallywiggedout responded:
5'4" , weighed in at 183.7 this am... down just a hair over 59 lbs from joining WebMD, and 70 lbs from actual start , last of Dec 2011
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger---Friedrich Nietzche

jis4judy responded:
Hi Catelyn I am 5'5" 149 ish also 70 years young
a medium to large frame..that might help
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

lost815cm replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That's awesome!

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

lost815cm replied to jis4judy's response:
Great! 70 years young! I love that!

abnersmom responded:
I'm 5"5" and 59 years old. 2 lbs. from my goal weight now and then I will figure out the maintenance part of this journey. I know for sure that this board will be a big part of that.
Debbie SW 265 CW 152 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
5'3 1/2"....small frame...pant size 4-6 so I guess I am a small frame. Started out as a size 24 at 250lbs.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Great going Debbie, I see you dropped that pesky lb that's been hanging on for so long. Grats!
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to lost815cm's response:
Thanks Catelyn, if I can, ANYBODY can, lol.
huggs
k

lost815cm replied to abnersmom's response:
I'm jealous! 2 lbs away...that's great! You're almost there!

lost815cm replied to blondie454u's response:
Wow we're the starting weight pretty much but I'm nearly 5 inches taller! So that makes a difference but not much. I'm pretty close to that pant size I think. Sigh. But that's so great you lost all your weight! I bet it feels amazing! I've been stuck in neutral lately and the scale isn't budging.

jean4u responded:
Catelyn, Nice to see you woke us up on this one!

I'm 5'4", medium frame and in the 137-139 range. When I see 140, I really work on keeping n the 130's.

I am 67 and ballroom dance and bowl on a weekly basis. I have been here since Jan., 2010. I took off 30 lbs., so I can't share the story of losing more than that. I do know, however that for me there were dfferent stages to my journey. Sort of like a book, however there is no end and that was a bit disappointing. Sort of like "event" dieting where you fit into that LBD (little black dress) and resume eating like you did in the past. All that will get us is not fitting into our new clothes and alot of depression which creates the eating cycle.

Anyway this is a good place to be to share our journeys whever we are in them.

Yaay US!!!

Barb

P.S. Look to NSV's to get you through those standstill times. The day you didn't snack at night and really want to. just positive ways to view your efforts.

lost815cm replied to jean4u's response:
I feel bad that I'm so much younger than all of you ladies and you're doing/done this and losing weight like rock stars! It makes me feel super lazy! I gotta get with it!!!!! NSV's ?

totallywiggedout replied to lost815cm's response:
Hi Catelyn, it doesn't matter when you decide to do something about your weight, just that at some point, you get on it. Some of us just took longer, or had a health scare or just got sick and tired of BEING sick and tired , to start our journeys.
The bonus for you, Amber and Pi, and other younger journeyers is that once you lose the weight, you will have YEARS and YEARS to enjoy the benefits of being healthier and more active.
NSV's are Non Scale Victories. They are when you go to a party with lots of food and eat what you like but don't overindulge, it's a victory.... or Walking longer periods of time, faster, or instead of eating when you are emotional, you decide to clean out your dresser, and closet, and then mop the floors, lol.
We count ANY victory over our lifelong bad eating habits as NSVs.
Everyone is going out for sundaes, you go along, and get a single scoop of fat free frozen yogurt. It's an NSV because you made a better choice.
When you measure yourself and keep scores and find that you are losing measureable inches... NSV , BABY!
The numbers on the scale are only part of getting healthy and learning how to eat properly and NSVs help keep everything in the right perspective.
huggs
kim

Mandi_moo1982 responded:
I am 5`7
Mandi-sw 386 cw 366 gw 150.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story........I am a 40 year old wife and mother of 2 who is sick and tired of being morbidly obese. Last year I was denied the Gastric Banding surg...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.