Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
low calory foods
mefirstforever posted:
Hi ladies,

I love the tofus spread and veal spread from costo. I don't know if you have it. But it is low calories and full of protein low in fat great for snacks or even breakfast.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
veal spread??? We don't have costco down here, and I never saw one in Michigan either. But I have heard of the stores and envy anyone that has one near them , they seem like a combination of Meijers and something like Aldis (both of which are Northern based stores) which I miss terribly down here.
glad you can find low cal spreads though , what do you use them on and do you also sometimes put them on Pitas with veggies and other thin sliced meats??
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
hi Kim there is a costco in Michigan it is in commerce township and it is a huge store
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:

here is a link see if there is one near you

http://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/1/Costco-store-hours-locations

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

hehttp://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/1/Costco-store-hours-locationshttp://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/1/Costco-store-hours-locationsre is a link to stores by state

http://www.mystore411.com/store/listing/1/Costco-store-hours-locations

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim,
I usually have the veal spread on hole wheat bread or Pita for for breakfast. The Tofu spread is made with eggs and its great as a veggie dip or sandwich with lots of raw veggies. They also have hummus. All low cal.

But the problem with this store is that you have to be a member. In US cost $55.00 a year and most is in bulk. This is why we can get good deals and the points covers the membership. I go there only once every 2 months too expensive. I go with a friend that has a membership.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Hi I searched michigan for costcos and there are several at different locations none in Louisianna though

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I see that Judy, no wonder I never saw one. Coming from the very middle on the line between michigan and Indiana, Coldwater area, those stores in the Detroit area and Wyoming are at least 2 -3 hours away from where I was. figures. But looking at their warehouse online goods it does look like a cross between meijers and aldies, better prices that SAMS and you don't have to buy as big of bulk packages.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 182.6 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
that makes sense Kim because Michigan is a huge state and covers a lot of area..
are you anywhere close to another state I know you are at the top area of louisianna what state butts up close to you?

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Actually my town now was just in the news. That guy from Texas that shot and killed his ex wife and ran with their 4 year old son, traveled 190 miles and was trying to turn and avoid a roadblock traffic stop in ... yes, West Monroe, LA this last Thursday. I see now that they have actually booked him he's bonded at 25 million dollars.
Closest state to me is Arkansas clocking in at about 70 miles north/north west.
Mississippi is about 1.5 hrs away. I can hit the outskirts of Texas in about 3 hrs.
Kim SW 243 CW 181.4 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
I saw a roasted red pepper/garlic spread at Big Lots today, have no idea where all I could spread it or use it. Was thinking about buying it, but then saw that this big jar only keeps up to 3 days in the fridge..... not a good idea since I'd be the only one eating it, I think.
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 181 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Aw, hell. I was looking for that discussion about herbal teas and can't find it... so I'll post here.
I went to Big Lots today and found this herbal tea put out my McCormick if you can believe it..... It's called Total Balance. I tried and tried to smell it thru the pkg, lol., but no go so I just had to buy it.
Strange stuff. My first sip tasted like rosemary and thyme, the second I got a stronger lemon or lemon grass flavor. I'm smelliong mint in it too, but every sip brings out a different flavor.
I used 1 pkt of stevia in it but it seems to be a "comforting" tea because it also has lavender in it.
Weird stuff to be sure, but if you are adventurous and can find it, the taste experience is "member tested" lol.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 181 GW 135

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, could you freeze part of the spread for later use? Maybe in little two ounce portions or something like that? Even old yogurt cups, if you still have the ones with the lids, can work for freezing as well as expensive freezer jars. Also good for preserving raw eggs if you have extra.

Regarding Costco: they literally sell EVERYTHING from steaks to barbecues to shoes to grand pianos to coffins to plants to houses to tires to cars to homebuilt helicopter kits to cases of tuna to major appliances to vitamins to electronics. I am NOT kidding. It's actually kind of awesome.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
LOL, NOW Costco sounds like Amway!! I saw that Walmart actually started selling caskets online too, weird but true.... I have trouble storing a stupid food processor, I can't imagine preordering and STORING a coffin for later use, unless I started sleeping in the stupid thing a la Dracula.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 181 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 15 years old and currently 190 lbs. I am 5 feet 2 inches and I know that in order for me to be in a healthy weight range I have to lose 60 pounds...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.