Skip to content
Good morning all
jis4judy posted:
How are you all doing ? I went shopping yesterday and spent a fortune
getting ready for the Holiday next week I still haven;t found my pumpkin for the holiday yet I may have to use the stuff I froze last year
Or maybe bake something else //
I had the hungry horrors yesterday it was tough not sure why again
so I broke my rule it didn;t help I accually went to bed still hungry even after i ate something ...after my cut off time ... things have to be better today ...
I hope you all are stong and doing well
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
I was pretty sore yesterday from my work out on Monday, so I took it pretty easy. It is a good feeling though. I like being sore - I think I just overdid it a little bit on the leg work.

As for thanksgiving, my husband worked that Wednesday and Friday and is on call Thursday for if they need help. So we don't really have anything planned. A bunch of my realtives that live nearby are doing a family get together on Saturday - kinda of like a late thanksgiving lunch. So that will be nice - being able to have some thanksgiving food without needing to cook or worry about what to do with leftovers since there are just two of us.

I'll probably make a fancier dinner than usual on thanksgiving day and we'll have pumpkin pie for dessert (or apple pie, since that is my husband's favorite),
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

abnersmom responded:
Hi Judy, I had the hungry horrors yesterday as well. I think mine was because I was in AL over the weekend with my son and his family and we ate out several times. I didn't always make good food choices either, JEEZ, and here I am almost at goal. Feeling better today - hope you are too. Will do my grocery shopping this weekend when I have time - love the food, but not the shopping. They say everything has gone up and from your report, it must be true.
Debbie SW 265 CW 151 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie when I go see my son we usually eat out a lot too
It is nice but when I get home I have to get back on track quickly it doesn;t seem to bother me too much when I get back though ... some of the things I bought were things on sale that I use a lot so I did stock up a little..I still have more shopping to do friday and next tuesday ... Sometimes I get so involved with holidays that I forget to shop for the other days LOL

I hope you had fun visiting your Son ,,

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali I think if I wasn't haveing Company for the holiday I would do just what you desribed a fancy dinner with pie can;t get any better than that . I hope your soreness is better I sort of like the feeling of a good workout too ,,

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, I've been told to switch my idea for pecan pie to the creamy apple pie I made for the 4th of July
If your hubby likes apple pie, THIS is one I can personally vouch for
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/11/dreamy-apple-pie/\
I didn't do the "hard sauce" it doesn't need it. AND I used half and half instead of full out cream to lower some of the calories.... I think that you could also sub Baking stevia for some of the sugar, but I wouldn't sub ALL of it, because, hey, it's Thanksgiving!
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
OH! I absolutely LOVE the pioneer woman's recipes. I will FOR SURE do that.

I'm not a big pie person - I'll eat one or two pieces of apple (not the pie) and be good. Unless it's pumpkin. Then I can eat a slice. I don't like pie crust. I'm just weird that way. I don't eat pizza crust, I don't eat cookie dough - shrug.

My husband will eat a whole pie within two days - he has a monstrous appetite and can't gain weight even when he tries. I'm pretty excited to go look at the recipe and to make it.

THANKS!! I really am so excited to surprise him with this
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

blondie454u responded:
Everything is great my way. I usually go shopping once a week and occasionally stop on the way home from work to get produce that we ran out of. Glad every one else is doing well.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
In that case, if it's not for "diet" then by all means go whole hog and do the thing with the cream and all the reg sugar..... it IS better that way..... this pie tastes like having apple pie a la mode without having to top it with icecream. VERY YUMMY
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I copied that apple pie recipe and might make my version of it for the holiday I like the sound of the crumble topping and I will skip the hard sauce as well maybe use fat free whipped cream .I will use my press in crust too I may use more apples than listed too and they will be not granny smiths
more likely empires and cortlands

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Really Judy, if you do the recipe you dont even need the whipped cream on top, I promise, as is, it tastes just like apple pie a la mode because of the cream IN the apples.
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim what I think I am changeing is the amount of apples and I may skip the cream and use just the topping on my own apple pie ... so whipped cream is on LOL
some other time I will try the whole recipe

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Sounds good Judy. Whatever trips yer trigger, I say.
I did a combo of Granny smiths and braeburns, I think, or maybe it was pink ladys... whichever, but the sweet and tart combo worked well for us.
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been unemployed for the past 2 1\2 years after the plant closed and I've gained over 180 pounds, in part, due to some health problems and...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.