Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help with excerise
Mandi_moo1982 posted:
Ok sooo I have been searching utube for workout video's that are not sooo watered down and not over my head. Any suggestions would be great...also how much cardio and toning should I do in a day? Times per week? I have been doing some cardio and toning but I am having a hard time with my lower back and my knees. Thanks
Mandi-sw 386 cw 366 gw 150.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Mandi
walking is my favorate exercise just walking around my neighborhood it accually great enjoyment for me ..
i walk 6 days a week for just under an hour and 2 days a week I lift some weights approx 22 minutes
If you have knee pain you have to ease into exercise like walking so as not to over work your knees walking is great for the back , I can tell you one thing I did in the begining was crunches in my bed I did them in bed because I had difficulty getting on and off the floor . this does require a firm mattress
there is another post on here that has links to all sorts of exercises I posted one for people with knee problems
scroll down to free exercise videos for other ideas
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Mandi_moo1982 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy...I walk already but I am looking to turn it up and I will not be doing alot of outside walking in a few weeks or so..snow. I will look into the videos on the site here

blondie454u responded:
Mandi,

Here is my workout routine:

Mon-Fri
Walk 30mins 1.6 miles

Mon-Wed-Fri
Cardio at the gym on elliptical, bike, or circuit training.

Tues
Lower body - lunges, lifts, calf raises, various leg workouts we find online or magazines. Ab exercises on a ball, bicycles, or where you take a weighted ball hold in your hands, bring knees up and bring ball down as far as you go on each side. We do other variations for abs but that is our most common ones we do.

Thurs
Upper body - arms, back, abs, and shoulders. Again get exercises from the web or magazines.

A few months back I joined a gym and I workout with a group. You don't have to do stuff at a gym but it was really cheap for me to join because we get a discount at my work so I pay $26 a month for a membership.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Mandi_moo1982 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber...just wondering how long do you do your cardio and lower and upper body?

blondie454u replied to Mandi_moo1982's response:
An hour for each. I do it during my lunch break.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber,

I'm on it !!!!
I got myself set up this weekend with a small gym area. I have a small tv, dvd, ball, elastic 3 pound weight and mat. I had all this all over the house collecting dust with no organization.

Got my upper and lower on the net and printed them till I get the hang of it. Check

Got my CD and treadmill for the cardio. Check

now I have to get out for the walk I don't mind the 30 minutes but I think I will do the distance gradually.

All set now no excuse.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

blondie454u replied to mefirstforever's response:
You go Helene!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 50 yrs old and live in SC, was born and raised in Ohio. I have 2 children both adults now. I am a psychic medium, tarot reader. I have high blood...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.