Skip to content
Keeping it in perspective
totallywiggedout posted:
At this time of year, food is pretty much an all consuming (pun intended) topic. It is on EVERYONE'S mind. Just read back to most of the posts and we are all wondering what we shall fix, how much we will eat, where we will eat it and how much it costs......
A wish for all of us..... Just Breathe.
Be thankful that we are all here.
YOU are here, still.
Be thankful that you have the perserverance to continue through good times and bad, to achieve your goals. Maybe for the first time in your life.
Be thankful that even if you haven't reached your goal, that you actually HAVE that goal in mind. It's so real to you, it's actually TANGIBLE.
Remember a time when you couldn't imagine that goal?
You not only are imagining it, you are ACHIEVING IT.
Be thankful, as I am, that there is always a "HOME" away from home, (here) , where you can log on 24/7 and vent your frustrations and fears without reprisal or repercussions.
And get support.
I am thankful for all of you.
I am thankful for my supportive rl family.
I am thankful for my ever improving health.
I am thankful that every day I get stronger, in body, soul, and will, and that strength, combined with the support I am getting, will help carry me through to the end of my journey..... and beyond.
Huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

jis4judy responded:
Thats so true Kim the focus is on food thats what thanksgiving is about these days ...Very hard to stay on plan while food is takeing over your mind ..the holidays seem to get to me every year but I do have a plan ...
I am thankful for all our boardies
I am thankful for my much improved health
I am thankful for my supportive Hubby
I am thankful for listening to my inner thoughts that directed me to better healthy living
with all these things I should be healthy for the rest of my life
and hopefully extend it some.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
testing replys

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
That is so very, very wonderful, Kim. It is good to take a step back and think about all that we have.

I, too, am thankful for all of you. I mostly lurk - comment every now and then - but reading about everyone's successes and failures gives me hope. Thank you.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

blondie454u responded:
I am just thankful for everything in my life the good, the bad, and the ugly!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Your replys doing the same as mine??? resetting you at top of page then doing nothing about actually allowing you to reply?

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes kim doing the same yesterday and today for the most part
hugs Judy:)

abnersmom responded:
Well said, Kim. I have so many things to be grateful for and I truly am.

I'm thankful for my health and my family's health.
I'm thankful for my relationship with God.
I'm thankful for my dear friends who are true blessings in my life.
I'm thankful for and to all Boardies, past, present and future, for your support on this sometimes difficult journey.
I'm thankful for my job, 'lil Abner and music. I could go on and on....

P. S. Kim, I just noticed the 180. WTG!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 151 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie. It's taking forever right now, but I feel ok about it. Whatever is good for my body, ya know?
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I developed the mentality of a fatty somewheres around first grade. My mother had struggled with weight during her childhood, and she sure was a compe...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.