Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lap Band
OOORAAH posted:
all of the posts that I see about lap band are 1+ years old and nothing current. I had lap band surgery April '12. All went quite well and I lost 30 very quickly. Since then I have been at a plateau and it is now November and I'm sitting at that same weight. I haven't gained just not losing.

I'm sure most of this is my own eating habits though I really don't eat that much. Wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions. I have typically only been eating one meal a day in the evening because of work and rarely eat at work though occasionally do have soup. Is it necessary to eat the 3 meals a day to make this work.

I am sure I am my own best enemy but really do want to get myself back in the right mode as I'd really like to take off my excess 50 pounds.

Thanks for your help out there.

jis4judy responded:
Hi ooorah I know nothing about lap band or any of the weight loss surgerys, so the advice I have has to do with nutrition and calories thats what i focus on , and eating more often smaller meals should work for anyone this keeps your metobolism going ..You might try measureing and weighing your foods and logging them into either web mds food and fitness site or the one I use called fitday.com.
I do know you have to get contol over the things that trigger over eating to remove weight ,,
and moveing more is very helpful too
I have been maintaining a 98 pound weight loss for over 9 years but I did it the old fashioned way improved my nutrition avoid proccessed foods became an avid label reader on things I did allow in my journey.. I am not informed on what restictions you have after surgery so if none of this is relevent maybe you could go to the regular diet community and try the weight loss surgery thread . welcome aboard Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Hi oooraah, Like Judy, I know very little about the weight loss surgeries, so I can't offer much advice. I would think that you would still need to eat three meals a day to keep your metabolism going - breakfast is especially important. I work long hours, but make time to eat my oatmeal with fruits and walnuts before work, pack a light lunch and prepare a nutritious dinner with lots of veggies. I think I've heard that you have to take supplements after you have the surgery, but I think it is still important to get some of your nutrition from food. Again, like Judy, I focus on eating nutritiously and count calories - few white carbs, whole grains and few processed foods. After a year and a half, it has become second nature.

Good luck and congrats on the 30 lbs. removed.
Debbie SW 265 CW 151 GW 150 - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.