Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PreThanksgiving check in.... How's everyone holding up
totallywiggedout posted:
Well so far, I've gotten both my pies and Michael's banana pudding thingy(the one with nilla wafers) done. I'm doing him a bit of a favor though, made it with cool whip lite and ff instant vanilla pudding this time, lol. One way or the other , I've gotta cut my man back some. He's gotten a bit more outta control these last couple of weeks about food and somewhere, someone's got to draw the line.
Am extremely worried about fridge and oven space tomorrow. Was way easier when I lived in Michigan. At this time of year, anything that needed to stay cold could be put right on top of the freezer in the garage and it'd keep till it was ready to be served.
I swear, if I ever can build my own house, I want TWO stacked convection wall ovens. Yes , 2, not a double wall unit because those are two smaller ovens and I want 2 BIG ones. AND a big six or eight burner countertop range. Oh , and a big double door fridge, and a smaller cheaper one for the garage or basement....... sigh.... in my dreams.
It sounds like a lot, but I dont like a lot of cabinetry, so I could and will save beaucoup bux on that to put toward my appliances..... I keep seeing those dream kitchen makeover contests, but , renting , it would do me no good...now, if they want to build a HOUSE around that dream kitchen.... I'm IN!
How is everyone else doing, though??? Got your cooking started, got anything finished???? It's been pretty quiet lately, too many ppl on holiday vacations.....
huggs all
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

FirstPrevious12NextLast

tristaj90 responded:
I luckily will be eating turkey at my mom and dad's. I have to work in the evening so I won't get to do too much in the way of specialty. But we are taking our family photos so I can get my holiday cards made-that's exciting. I just am remembering last Thanksgiving where I was about ready to pop with the baby. Now I'm just excited to give him turkey for the first time.
I plan to measure out all my portions like normal, and track it all like normal, but I'm not too worried if I go over on calories tomorrow.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Kim!
~SW 234 CW 155.6 Goal 160 (by November 27 2012) and 135 by June 2013~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

totallywiggedout replied to tristaj90's response:
Trista, you are doing so well yourself, you know? You have surpassed your son's birthday goal and are well on your way to your final goal.
Measuring your servings seems to be doing the trick for you.
I hope you have a great Thanksgiving at your mom's and hope the holiday pics turn out spectacular.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
Hi Kim, Sorry I missed your post yesterday. I only have to make a squash casserole and take to a friend's home. A bunch of us singles from the university are celebrating together. It should be fun. My sisters with both be with their kids today and my son and family are coming up from AL next weekend. While I loved the old days when I cooked and cleaned for days before, I also love the new me who kinda does what she wants!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy responded:
Hi Ladies I baked 2 pies yesterday and I got some bad news the day after thanksgiving I will be going to a wake and funeral the following day . My sister in law passed away and I feel awfull a horrable way to start the holidays . I have to keep myself together and cook that dinner today .on the bright side the pies look and smell terrific...
I hope yu all have a really good holiday
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy,
I offer my sincere condolence to you and your family. [br> [br>
Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie, lucky you! It would be wonderful just to bake a passing dish and be with a buncha friends. That's a great way to spend the day.
Hope it was and is still fun.
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
So sorry to hear about your sister in law. Must have been sudden. Hope your husband is taking it ok, lots of huggs you guys way.
k

jis4judy responded:
we are all taking it hard she was my brothers wife we lost him about 4 years ago . thanks kim

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

That's just so bad. I'm sorry that this had to happen. I hate the fact that the holidays have the highest mortality rates of the year, especially when they are supposed to be so darned cheerful.
Hope the next few days can bring some semblance of peace for you and your family.
huggs
k

Tomato05 replied to jis4judy's response:
Sorry to hear about the tragedy, Judy, it is very sad.
I hope that you and the family will find some consolation in supporting each other. Thinking of you and hope some Thanksgiving blessings are coming your way nevertheless.

jis4judy replied to Tomato05's response:
Thanks tomato
It was really a hard thing to see someone you love sort of come to a total stop and be gone . on the bright side it was good to see my nieces and nephews children of my SIL most of them were here from other states .
one holiday down another on the way I only gained a half pound so it didn;t derail me much ..
I hope you Divorce goes smoothly without too much stress

Judy, that is probably the only perk to having a funeral. The gathering of long lost friends and relatives.
I'm glad that you got to see some of your distant kin, at least for a few days. And that you and your husband had and gave that extra support system to lean on.
1/2 lb gain is really good. I'm battling a three day binge so I'll just say, my gain was a wee bit more. LOL.
Got back on the bandwagon yesterday and did really well for just coming off the sugar rush, I was actually surprised at how easy it was to finally get back onto my program once I set my mind to it.
Made up a new smoothie this am and then went for my mile and 60 wall pushup excursion. Was actually warm enough to go in tshirt today, Nice, but I made it just in the nick of time, 20 min after I got home the skies opened up and just poured. Looks like it's supposed to rain all off and on all day, so I'm tucking in with a couple of books.
Hope everyone out there is doing well
huggs
k

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,

Sorry about your loss. I hope you're doing better today. Hugs!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber and Kim and everyone else
Doing better today and yes Kim the only good thing about funerals is seeing relatives you haven;t seen in years .
the weirdest thing is I dreampt I was depressed the phone rang and woke me before it went any further
somehow this death seems to be makeing me aware of my own mortality ...I think it is because my sister in law was only 5 years older than me ...
that doesn;t realy mean anything because I have 2 sisters still liveing that are more than 10 years older than me .
see my thoughts are going in a weird direction..

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 21 years old and have begun my fight to get healthy and thin in January. I have lost a small amount of weight since then and I am hoping to lose ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.