Skip to content
Happy Thanksgiving!
abnersmom posted:
Happy Thanksgiving, Boardies. Wishing each and everyone of you a pleasant, enjoyable day with loved ones.

I am so THANKFUL for you all. I don't think that I would have reached my goal without you ladies. I have learned so much from you all and you have given me such great support. I am so grateful for you. Enjoy it all and I declare it NO GUILT Turkey Day. Let's eat!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie same to you I hope your holiday is fun and you have a good time..Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Bonne Appetit !!!!
To all that his celebrating thanksgiving today.

And not to much spending tomorrow. Aldo there is now black Friday up here ??? first year I guess where getting invaded by the big American chains.LOL I love the prices.

I'm thankful for all the healthy day that I get and especially for all the ladies on this board that help me to keep in check.

Hugs to all
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout responded:
Oh thank God you gave me permission to be guilt free..... O,o I truly DID the desserts today, lol.
Weird though, baked yesterday, cooked most of today, sat down and dinner was ..... anticlimactic at best..... It just seems like a lot of trouble for nothing really. It all tasted good, just , well... seemed to be missing something. Monica was uber quiet and sad being this is the first holiday without her mom and sisters.... I think it cast a pall over the dinner table. I wish it coulda been better, but , well I did my best.
On the bright side the desserts were, WAY too good and I indulged. a lot...... frankly, don't know weather I feel more like Scarlette O'Hara's "twiddle de dee, tomarrow is another day"...... or Rhett's " frankly my dear, I don't give a damn"..... lol
Prolly a little of both when it comes to holiday indulgences.
hope you all had a good one too
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Oh Helene, I'm feeling a bit overstuffed right now, picture oompa loompas or tweedle dee and tweedle dum, ROUND, ROTUND, CORPULANT...... lol FULL.
I can't believe Black Friday isn't a worldwide event. I honestly never thought that it WASN'T lol. Especially since you can shop online for black friday sales, anywhere, can't you???
I don't do all the pushing and shoving anymore. Last time I did the whole thing, we shopped from 10pm thanksgiving till 2 am Friday, then went back and stood in lines for the 4 am openings of stores like Kmart . It's just too easy to spend too much money in one fell swoop if you aren't careful.
SO BE CAREFUL if you go out and watch for anyone who seems overly agitated.... some people just cannot keep their cool.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
me too Kim
I was really good with portions on the accual dinner but over did things with the pies so to make sure I had no more pie to tempt me I sent the left overs home with my family
I felt kinda stuffed as well ..
starting fresh without pie this morning
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
lol me too. I was really good last night too. even though i didn't send anything AWAY . But ended up taking a small sandwich just b4 going our to Best Buy last night at midnight. Good thing too. It took almost 2 hrs to get the single thing we went in for.
huggs
k

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I did pretty well. I had dessert but enough to satisfy. It felt good to indulge now back to business. Glad everyone had a great holiday!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I felt overstuffed too. Actually ate our meal about 2pm on Thurs. and I didn't eat again until Fri. at lunch. I was too full to even want to do so. Finally felt hungry almost 24 hours later. LOL! That should tell you how much I ate. I was out of whack the whole weekend with my eating - I was out of my routine and spent time with friends, shopping, etc. Only 1 lb of damage and hope to get it off this week. Back on track and feel better already!

Dang it, Kim, now I have that oompa loompa song stuck in my head.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
LOL Debbie!!! Isn't that song just about the worst song to get stuck with??? Here's something to take your mind off of it... I'm doing this to be mean, lol

I got a brand new pair of rollerskates, you got a brand new keyyyy.........LOL
Now , try to get THAT sucker outta your brain
bahahahaaa
huggs
k

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ah, throwing some Melanie at me or has someone else covered it since you are waaaaayy too young to remember her. Loved that song back in the day, but haven't thought about it in years. Now, where are my 8 tracks....

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
8 tracks.... that makes me laugh! We had this big console stereo in the living room that played REAL vinyl records, 33s and 88s, and it had the "tapedeck" for 8 tracks that also could dub tapes off the records.
My mom was a school bus driver and if her "kids" brought in a record she'd tape it off and give them a copy plus keep one for her 8 track in the bus (she was a WAY cool bus driver).
Anyway, when Kiss , Metalica, Poison etc got really popular, she'd crank those babies out over the weekend, at FULL volumn mind you.
Me.... I can't stand heavy metal, never could, so I'd have to vacate the premises and I took some LONG walks to avoid the sound and not come back till I was sure all the dubbing was done for the day, lol.
MEMMMMM-O-IESSSS.... like the..hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmmm......

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
an hunny, I ain't THAT young, lol. oh shoot, sorry not 88s 78s on the records...... dark in here, lol
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a newlywed (married June 2010) and my husband and I are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I am currently about 280 pounds, and would like to...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.