Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
4 weeks till Xmas chalenge
mefirstforever posted:
Hi Ladies,

Since most seemed to have had a good thanksgiving holiday.
It is time to take charge for the next 4 weeks, There will be a lot of parties and pre-celebrations.

Choices will be of the essences.

My goal will be to loose 6 pounds before the new years. Exercises and smoothies.

What is your plan?

Hugs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

Tomato05 responded:
Two pounds down would be good... It would be a real morale-booster to start the new year off.

PS Divorce update: I haven't started legal proceedings yet, as I was planning to wait to hear about a job prospect outcome of The Cheating and Hostile Husband - he has an interview next week. If he gets the job, it would be good for my case. I may speed things up, though, as he is now demanding that I pay half the rent (the apartment lease is in his name). I'm refusing, of course...

totallywiggedout replied to Tomato05's response:
Not only can he NOT demand half payment as though you are nothing more than roommates, he also cannot kick you out of the marital bed. If he wants to sleep seperately, he gets the couch or the spare br.
Or the friggen bathtub , or ... doghouse.
You are still legally married, NOT legally seperated and you are entitled to half. DO NOT MOVE OUT at any cost. If you do, it will be seen as a voluntary forfeiture of properties. If he gets mean or physical , get a restraining order on him or call the cops at least and get it on paper that he's threatening you.
Please, don't wait to set an appointment with a legal rep though, until his possible job acquisition. The first to strike legally in divorce, ALWAYS has the upper hand.
As for the two pounds by Jan 1 , it's a good enough goal for all the stress you are going through combined with the Holidays. Even if you can't make the 2 lbs off, it will still give you something to focus on instead of all thats going on.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

blondie454u responded:
My plan is just to stay focus on my plan.

Tomato,

Good for you. Hang in there and don't give up.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Hi Helene,

I'm up a pound, but considering how much I consumed over the holiday, I'm actually feeling pretty good about it. My plan is to lose this pound and stay focused on maintaining. I'm still playing around with how many calories I can consume to maintain - tricky this time of year.

Tomato, I almost hate to wish that Cheating, Hostile husband good luck on his job interview, but if it will help you, I'm praying for just that!! Stick to your plan, but keep in mind that he has one too.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

kalimiller responded:
All things considered, I think I did alright over the holiday. I did have a pretty big meal Thanksgiving day - but that was pretty much all I ate that day. I was stuffed! As for leftover temptations, there isn't much there. We had friends over and sent home a large majority of the leftovers with them. There are two apple pies (from the recipes that Kim gave me ) and half of a crustless pumpkin pie. I'll probably have one more small piece and my husband will eat the rest. He can eat pies like it is his job. So only 2 and a half pies in the frigde is pretty good - we started with 9. Not a whole lot of regular food leftovers either. The only thing that I probably over indulged on was the green bean casserole. One of my favorites. Yum!

Had to go to the store yesterday to get some more produce. I didn't use all the apples for pie and ended up just eating the rest of them plain. The grocery store that I go to for produce was selling those little mini watermelons for a dollar each, so I got a couple of those. I'm pretty excited. They also had bags of grapes on sale for a dollar each as well. I still have plenty of veggies in the fridge so I'm good there.

Glad to hear that everyone made it through the holiday mostly unscathed.
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

mefirstforever replied to kalimiller's response:
I'm lucky that we don't celebrate thanksgiving as much as you guys. On top Christmas is coming.

Considering all the foods that was available.Yay to every one.

Sticking to the plan. I also let myself indulge but I have a plan before and after the houm pa houm pa !!!

I'm a lot like Debbie and will not eat much before and eat very little the next 2 days, so in the week I don't go over the 12,000 calories and can maintain. Just a trick not to do to much damage.

Tomato, I don't now how you do it. I think the dog house is to cushy. Hope you get a new start by the new year. Living under the same roof must be so hard. Hope he get this new job so you can start the procedures and start healing.

Hug
Helene

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Yes helene you guys have your thanksgiving in October Maybe we should approach our leaders to get us doing thanksgiving earlier instead of the last thursday in November maybe the firat instead would give us more time to get on track between holidays.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy this could very well happen in the near future, we are already getting invaded with the black Friday activities.

This would be good for the pocket book also having two holiday within a month much to expensive.

I can't stand shopping, try to get every thing done out of rush hour. Like to take my time and not get run over by shoppers and there cart.

Hugs Helene

MiaPa1208 replied to mefirstforever's response:
good God im so afraid of all the holiday's temptation!! not having christmas at home will be huge help-no cooking and no leftovers! Im thinking that if i stay on track with my dieting and exercising that one christmas day feast wont make a dent:) I am realistic so i am giving myself 3 or 4 months to get rid off my extra 15 lbs, slow weight loss is great. even thou i dropped over 100 lbs i dont have any extra skin anywhere,yay!
Mia SW 270'ish,CW 165, GW 150/5'9height

jis4judy replied to MiaPa1208's response:
Hi Mia
I do indulge at holiday time some not as much as I did before my journey.
I also cut back on my calories before and a few days after my indulgence. thats how I maintain through the holidays //
being aware of what I am eating is huge for me .. as long as your weeks average out to your calorie goal it works

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
This is my plan as well, Judy. Had my son and grandsons visiting all weekend. It was a wonderful time, but my eating was not so good. I did send all the snacks, etc. home with them because I just cannot have chips in the house!

So today, I'm back to 1200 cals to get back on track. I was afraid to get on the scale this morning, but made myself do it as I know that is an important part of my maintenance plan. Being aware of damage done is almost as important as staying very vigilant about what you are consuming. Today will be a good one - unusually warm weather for us so no excuse not to get out and exercise either!! Love the holidays, but this time of year is challenging for a food addict.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes Debbie keeping to a routine is important to maintain and haveing a stategy for the indulgences does help being a sweet tooth person I made sure I sent all the pie home with my guests..
I am Puppy sitting with 2 of my grandpuppies My Daughter in law is in town and she is busy with helping her parents out her dad is very sick so the pups are with me so they can have attention while Mommy is busy
beside i was missing the pups and it is good for me to have them for a while

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
I do the samething Judy. You just have to have a good plan and stick with it.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
saw the pictures of the pups on FB. Cuties! That's so nice of you to help out with them. I'm glad you enjoy them as well. Had a good food day yesterday. As you say, back into the routine, and oh my goodness, I feel soooo much better today after eating well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.