Skip to content
Maintenance...
lost815cm posted:
Hey everyone, been awhile. Hope you're all well! Just thought I'd update you on what's been going on: I haven't really been exercising at all for the past few weeks. I had to stop because I had to really truly focus on my food intake. It just seemed like I couldn't focus on both. By the time I'd get done working out I'd practically reward myself with food and it was just pointless. I've still been using my food diary app everyday and am going over my daily limit, well...almost daily. Just enough to keep maintaining my weight though, not gaining. It makes me wonder if I wasn't using the app if I would slowly gain over time. Sigh. I did quite well on turkey day and the days that followed. I really have began to notice that if I'm distracted with company or something like that, that I do well to not over eat. As soon as I go back to my usual routine I tend to get munchy. I'm really trying to work on that. Even though I said I'm not working out, I am doing yard work. We have tons of trees on our property so there's lots of raking and trimming of hedges etc. so at least that's something. I've really upped the amount of water I drink too, which is also good. Can't think of anything else to update...
Catelyn

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Catelyn, glad to hear from you again.
I know just what you mean about having to focus on one or the other for awhile. I had to do that when I first started in Jan. I just knew that if I had to both decrease my food consumption and change how nutritional those foods were AND have to increase my exercise, I just would get overwhelmed and quit. I focused on how I ate first this time too, then started to work in exercise as I began to lose weight and feel lighter, and more energetic. It was a natural progression from there.
Don't underestimate the yardwork as exercise though. You burn A LOT of calories trimming and even more raking, so if you have stuff to do outdoors, do it, it's a great way to get your workout.
Just take it as slowly as you need to, so that you stay with it.
It's not a race, it's a journey.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

lost815cm replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim, I'm glad I'm not the only one who started out this way too! That's exactly why I decided to slow down on the exercise for now, because I just had to focus on food intake. I think I'm just about to where I can stay under my calorie goal on a regular basis and that is so exciting to me! Every time I feel guilty about not fully working out, I also reminded myself that I lost 45 lbs once with no exercise at all just by making better food choices, smaller portions, and cutting out soda! Then I feel a bit better. I still don't drink soda, but my food habits are almost back to the way they used to be. I say almost because I eat all whole grain (which I never did before) and I eat more fruits and veggies (more than I ever did) and healthier sources of protein. I'm not a big meat eater although I do enjoy it. I have IBS so if I eat too much meat especially in a small amount of time, I pay for it for a few days after. That's actually what I've been doing since Sunday night. At first I couldn't figure it out and then I thought duh! Of course! Turkey Thursday, lamb on Friday, chicken Saturday, and hamburger on Sunday! All in their leanest forms of course, but I never eat meat day after day like that usually. But when you have a food holiday and lots of company throughout the holiday weekend...I'm hoping I feel better today!
Catelyn

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different...." ~C.S. Lewis

jis4judy replied to lost815cm's response:
Hi Catelyn
thats pretty smart to get the food taken care of first
when yiu feel confident in how the new journey is going then add in execise ...I did it in the reverse I started exerciseing thinking I could walk off the extra weight it didnt work but at least I was allready in the habit of exerciseing when I started the food over haul.. then the pounds came off it is 80% the food 20% the exercise ..
also yard work is good activity anyway today I cut back on the exercise because I was building my christmas tree ..lots of walking up and down stairs so I did only half my usual walk /
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to lost815cm's response:
At least you are more aware of what's going on and what you need to do. Food is the first thing to focus on and the rest will follow. Good luck!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom responded:
Hi Catelyn, I totally agree with everyone that food is the most important thing to focus on in this journey. I struggle with the exercise still, but I know it is important in maintenance. Keep up the good work with the food and feel better soon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. Helen Keller

lost815cm replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! It's just what I needed! I felt so guilty about how I was approaching this and you all have made me feel better!
Catelyn

lost815cm replied to lost815cm's response:
So I've been really putting in the effort of doing better with my food intake and making sure I eat super healthy and I lost 3 pounds! Woohoo!
Catelyn

abnersmom replied to lost815cm's response:
That's fantastic, Catelyn! You can do this. So happy for you!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

totallywiggedout replied to lost815cm's response:
Great job, Catelyn!
I'm glad for you that you are focusing on healthy eating. Your body will thank you for it.
Keep at it, slow and steady and you will not only see the difference on the scales but in how you feel, look and how your clothes will fit, very soon.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

lost815cm replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie! I think it's finally starting to click!
Catelyn

lost815cm replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim! I find it amazing that if I have a bit of junk food after eating healthy for awhile, it makes me feel like crap! It mostly amazes me because I used to eat junk food only for years...I never knew how much my body craved healthy food! Have you ever watched the Biggest Loser? On that show I saw once that after several weeks of non stop healthy food, the contestants have a "temptation challenge" most of them caved and filled up on junk food like donuts and cookies etc and they all felt so sick after and I couldn't believe how badly it affected them. Until now. I'm becoming really good at label reading and making much better choices!
Catelyn

blondie454u replied to lost815cm's response:
Go Catelyn!

Yes junk makes me sick now. I will only indulge in certain things, depends how rich it is.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to lost815cm's response:
You're so right, Catelyn. I didn't eat well last weekend and I was grumpy on Monday all day. On Tues., I realized I had been so grumpy because I felt yuck from those food choices that I made on the weekend. Keep up the good work.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

lost815cm replied to blondie454u's response:
Same here! Speaking of sugary foods: I thought about how when I was a teenager and I would eat some sugary cereal before school like cap'n crunch etc and then wonder why I was starving at school by lunchtime..lol..it's funny to look back and see other stuff you used to eat and realize good grief no wonder I felt like crap after!
Catelyn

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been fat, ever since the age of 8. I have tried diet after diet, diet pill after diet pill and I can't find anything that works. I n...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.