Skip to content
New F and F planner update
totallywiggedout posted:
I am truly baffled by the update that they did yesterday. My daily caloric intake that has always been 1200 is now dropped to 1069 and get this, my stupid exercise output is now sitting at 189 instead of the 561 it's always been. How the heck can one day and an update change my plan this much???? Jesus, i wish they would just leave well enough alone. It's gotten so that I can't find the planner every time they make changes and updates and now this. It's stupid and so inconvenient that ever since the LAST update all i've done or wanted to do is blog. The planner has gotten THAT bad. I'm really mad about this.
I also can't figure out how to use my favorite meals where I want them. ;Last night i tried to put my meals where they were supposed to go from my faves and it kept putting them in the late night snack area.... does this mean we have to fill in the stupid thing ONLY at the correct meal time????
AHHHHHH disgusted.
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey Kim! I really, really, really appreciate any feedback about the FFP or ANY of the tools here on WebMD! And I'm sorry you're having such a frustrating time.

I did a little digging to find out more info about the update - it includes new features based off feedback from users. Here's info about the changes that might help you make sense of the update:

How you can add items from your "Frequents" was tweaked so that this feature now works on tablet. Instead of dragging and dropping items to your log, you can now click on the Frequents tab (next to Search) and click on the item you'd like to add. You can also click on multiple items to add at once if you'd like.

The frequents feature was moved from the right rail to a tab labeled "Frequents" next to "Search". In order to be tablet friendly, users can now click on the tab labeled "Frequents" and click on the item they would like to add. Users can even click on multiple items to add at once now.

A new calorie goal was added which factors in the users recommended food calorie target and their fitness calorie target (calorie goal = calories aimed to consume from food minus the calories burned from fitness).

The recommended fitness calorie target was modified to include ONLY the additional calories a user should aim to burn. Previously a weekly fitness calorie target was offered that factored in calories already burning (just through living and breathing) making the fitness target seem unattainable for some.

The calorie split option was removed. We found that a large majority of users actually didn't understand this concept and most opted into "mostly eat less and exercise a little bit more (75/25 split)". For existing users, this was not automatically changed...it was kept them at what you originally selected. For new users or when you edit your goals, you'll be reverted to the new 75/25 split.

Please let me know any more specific feedback or questions and I'll do my best to get answers for you. Thank you for being such a positive, helpful and supportive member here!!!! FOR REAL as my 4 year old would say

Haylen

jis4judy responded:
gee Kim that sounds like you might have to redo the whole profile in the planner over again as though some of your stats might have been dropped.
I never got used to the planner because I was so invested in fitday .. changeing old habits is tough //
HUgs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
And, quick question, are you using the tool on a desktop or tablet? What browser do you use? (Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)

Haylen

totallywiggedout replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen, It's a laptop (tablet) and I think im using google chrome as I downloaded it when it came out.
As for the clicking on faves on diet menu, how do you get it where you want it, under which meal section, if all it asks is if you want to add it? it keeps wanting to put the whole mess under one meal section, like last night was late and I wanted to add my meals, but it all tried to go under late night snack.
kim

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

The Habits that Live are the Ones We Feed.---fellow blogger

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim, Did you get your tracker working again. You certainly where huffing and puffing there.

All I know about computers is tell me where the on button is and it better work LOL.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene, no , as a matter of fact. It's really even worse than the first day around. Now I get a "script errror" that threatens that if I continue to run it it may make my computer not run.
So..... / I have started looking into the fitday planner. Which is more complex than webmd's original one and now it looks like webmd is just trying to make theirs like fitdays. and I'm thinking maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead. I really just wish that wmd had just left well enough alone , instead of changing it, then changing it again, and again. and again.
Yes it does make me mad because it was an essential tool for my journey. It helped me stay focused. and all of my recipes are already on it and broken down into the calories and nutrients. And now it's basicly useless to me.
Since I can't even log into it without the threat of crashing my computer.
huggs
k

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I hear you Kim It is hard to adjust to changes once you get used to a routine . even fitday made changes over the years and some of them took some getting used to ... seems odd that your computer is affected by the Changes in the Food and finess planner .Have you done a virus scan on your computer lately?
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes, I do a scan every night in fact before shutdown. That and for trojans and stuff. It's not just my computer, nor just me. I see someone on the reg diet comm is having troubles now too and has posted.
It's ok, i think Ive found another site for charting. Hopefully it'll work out for the remainder of my journey so that I can just focus on it and get it done like I want to.
huggs
k

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim,

With all that is happening you shurly did not need this stress.
I actually bought the Fitday.com software and loaded on my computer for 25$ and it works well. Since I have for 2 years it cost me only 1 dollar a month.

Please share what site your using now

DON'T GIVE UP it's just a moment it will pass

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene. It's Livestrong.com's "my plate" logger. It seems to work ok. Not as well as i'd grown used to here, but for an emergency situation, it's ok. lol
huggs
k

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
If you ever need another calorie/food tracker, the one at Calorie Count is pretty good. It lets you save meals, gives you nutrition profiles that you can customize for different types of diet, has water tracking, customizable food and exercise tracking too. It's what I use when I need a tracker.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks Roh, I'll look at that one too.
huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been fat, ever since the age of 8. I have tried diet after diet, diet pill after diet pill and I can't find anything that works. I n...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.