Skip to content
OK Peeps, chime in, hows your shopping going?
totallywiggedout posted:
I hate to shop. I mean , REALLY hate it. Today was stressful, because I finally had to buckle down and get some of it done. I was trying to get it all online, lol, but at this point they want you to pay for faster shipping because they can't Promise "by Christmas" unless you do.
My twins are still in the instant gratification stage. Tonight I had Alex try on some shoes, he found a pair of Rockports, nice dressy casual for jeans.... he wouldn't take em off! So he's now wearing his Christmas present. Cody, picked out a really nice London Fog wool pea coat, a $250 coat for $59 so that was his present, he wanted it now too, so they understand, no presents under the tree for them from michael and me, lol.
Monica helped alot yesterday by mall shopping. She went through the racks and brought out clothes that she thought I was buying with her in tow, lol. I bought 2 small godiva chocolates for us then left.... kept in mind all she was looking at and went back with the boys tonight. Alex bought some, and I bought some and Monica is gonna make out like a bandit.
My oldest son is getting open end wrenches, his wife got boots, a sweater and some really cute fresh water pearl chandelier drop earrings
Anna will probably get a dvd player for her blue ray discs if i can ever find one cheap enough...
Michael has got a couple of new pair of jeans so far and he wants a new Power supply or some such thing for his computer. He'll prolly get a new belt and a wallet too.
His grandkids all got various styles of beanbag chairs.(5 of those babies is EXPENSIVE!!!)
His adult son got a new RC helicopter and a pair of jeans.....son's gf got new boots.....

and me??? NSV BABY!!!!
I shopped the TEEN section at JCPenney today. Arizona boot cut, low riders girlz n boyz!!!! NOW I know why I got a tramp stamp, lol
Zipped right into size 15 teens. Which is a HUGE difference from my size 2 or 3X women's when I started in Jan.
But, what the heck underwear do you wear when the jeans only come up to your tailbone??????
I will not , cannot see myself wearing butt flossies, lol. Not when I'm thiscloseto 48. Nuh Ungh. NO WAY, lol
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
great NSV KIm
smaller sizes is so rewarding , I hate the low rise jeans I like and feel more comfy if they are at least close to my waist
all those gifts sound so nice . I did my shopping the easy way gift cards from amercan express.. and I did pick up some yoga gear for my daughter and Patriots shirts for the boys ...
I will be makeing cookies for the holiday
sent toys and treats to the grandpuppies
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, it's not every year we can purchase gifts like this. Last year was a slim one. Michael's shop gives out Christmas bonus checks that are basicly profit sharing. Last year was the first year in the newly built shop, so less profits. This year was better. But I didn't hold my breath for a decent amount, because you never know till they are handed out. That's also why I hadn't shopped at all until two days ago, the beanbags online started it.
I didn't even really know if I'd be able to go to Michigan . Money's tight usually. It's kinda nice to get a little breathing room once in awhile.
I do know that on my drive up, I always pick the cheapest hotel, if I don't just bed down in the car for a few hours. I don't eat much while driving either, it just makes me feel nasty to do that, so I save money there too.
Mostly, this time around , since I have to stay aware of my "journey" , I'll pack 4 gallons of water, some flavor tubes, apples, oranges and grapes, carrots, celery and pb. I honestly think that I'll only be eating one meal in the evenings on the drive and hopefully will only be on the road two days. fingers crossed. Its a bit over 19 hours otr and , alone, its a huge bother.
Thought about flying , but the exact same tickets if purchased 3 months ago at $486 round trip, now cost $1200, so forget that. I can drive for about $130 one way.
less the hotel of course.
I'm just having fun with being out and about with the boys though. Bonding with the brood, lol
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
Kim, I just about finished up yesterday after work. Gotta wrap and sort and be sure everyone's about even. Found some great bargains on DVD;s at Target.

You can find "hipsters" at Walmart to wear with low rise. They work and yet are still comfortable.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

mefirstforever responded:
Yay none scale victory !!!

Size 15 regular shopping must be so great! There are low waist undies. But I gave them up a long time ago, never would ware flossies either lol. Unless I would get a tummy tuck, got to hold up that apron snifff
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Yeh, I hear you about the apron. If there's one thing that I hate about my body, it's that. Well, and my hi helens, lol... and my saggy boobs, and oh, did I mention the funky verticle crepe paper creases im getting on my throat when I tip my chin down a little? Ack.... old age just BITES!
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
OMG Debbie, nope. I'm IN the hipsters, and guess what, they show! I think , I'm afraid, that I may have to go "commando". Shhhhh don't tell anyone.... at least in jeans I can't flash anyone like poor Anne Hathaway just did at Les Miserables opening, lol. God, the poor girl's muffin is all over the internet, lol
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie I thought I was done but I am out of tissue paper the stuff you put in the boxes with shirts etc I went to start wrapping last night and no tissue paper so gotta get some soon , so I can begin the wrapping part ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
KIm do some pectoral flys to lift the fallen boobs and you can exercise face and neck too with exagerated chewing motion
Thats what I did ..
and my boobs aren;t to fallen and neck looks good .. so far

Hi KIm I hear you on the tight budget I was on one most of my life ...I remember waiting for the Christmas bonus to do shopping ... Funny thing is when I was young with small kids I didn;t feel like I was poor but I was , I allways though things will eventually get better . we did pretty good once the kids were launched we started saving because the budget for 2 was way better than the budget for 4 ... we accually didn;t save for retirement until we were in our fifties way too late to have a great retirement but at least the budget is liveable so far .
also My DH worked until he was 74 too..

Hi Judy. It's ok to work that long, as your hubby did, if you have your health and enjoy your job. There's not much to look forward to retiring for unless you are rich anyhow, right? Even if you just like to putter around in the garage making crafts and stuff, that costs a bit of extra money, and soc. security barely covers living expenses, let alone some activity materials.
As long as your wants are small, and most of what you have is already paid off, you can make it I suppose.
Only the rich can know if it's true that "money can't buy happiness" , but it helps to convince yourself of that, lol.
huggs
k

I do my pec flys too, and tip my head way back and grin BIG too, but I was still a little discouraged to see those strange line creases on my neck.
You are right, though, you look great for your age. Hell, you look great for MY age, lol
huggs
k

Kim Money can make us more comfortable but if you are miserable it can;t really make you happy lack of money does create stress though been there done that ... and yes our house is paid off thats a biggy.in retirement..

kalimiller responded:
All my shopping is done! Yay!

Since we don't have kids - it was pretty simple this year. We put together a written history of us dating and the two years and a half years that we have been married for our parents - we turned it into a sort of scrapbook. My mom has been asking for a written history for - well, since we got married. She is big into geneology and family history. We went ahead and added in pictures to make it (in my eyes) more readable and interesting. We went ahead and made two copies - one for each set of parents - and will just send them the updated pages each year for the past year.

I got my husband some new comfy sweatpants, a book that I thought he would like, and a game for the xbox that he will love. Nothing too fancy seeing as we are trying to pay off student loans...but I think he'll like everything. Esp the video game. Haha. I think on his first day off he'll probably sit down and play until he wins. It is the third (I think) of a series that he really likes.

Anyways, good to know that dogs don't attack Christmas trees - I just have never had any experience with that. We don't have the room in our small house, but maybe in the future we can do so
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

rohvannyn responded:
Congrats on the NSV, Kim! I'm replying to this before I read the rest. Skip the butt floss, go commando, ha ha ha. Shopping. I don't do much of it, then again I only have three people to shop for. I make my own cards so no worries there. Got a sweet present for my spouse, there was a sale at Michaels so I got the BIG 50 pack of colored pencils and a 48 pack of oil pastels. Got a pack of oil pastels for myself as well. My dad gets a Braille map of Europe so he can feel the borders of all the countries he's read about over the years. My mom is going to get an illuminated manuscript of a poem I still need to make. One card left to make yet. I hope I can get the manuscript to my mom in time! Only other shopping to do is a little bit for dinner, perhaps a ham might be nice. I did get the mixed nuts and nutcrackers. Good exercise for the hands.
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I turned 45 this year and told my doctor enough is enough, I need to do something about my weight (291 lbs.) before I have a heart attack and become d...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.