Skip to content
Was under the weater this month !!
mefirstforever posted:
I was a bit under the radar this month. I usually try to have an upbeat attitude. But lately I was quite.
My daughter was going true tests for cervical cancer. Luckily the test came out negative. I got my Christmas gift early. Today she got a clean bill of heath. Life brings you curve balls all the time. You have to be quick and strong.Now it's time to celebrate and have a good time!!! Not indulge too much.

My hearth goes to all the mothers how are going true difficult times.

Hugs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
So glad about your and your daughter's good news. Whew, too close for comfort , huh? I hate having funky papsmears too.
Glad she'll be ok.
Christmas isn't the time to worry much about foods I think. One of my beanbag chairs hasn't arrived and by the looks of it, won't before I leave. I'm pretty po'd about it since we have all of michaels other grandkids stuff to deliver and the one to his actual by blood grandson, the others are from his ex's first marriage, doesn't come and cant be given on time. grrrrrrrrrrr I ordered it 2 day air, Ups and its lost somewhere in the ups depot in Jackson, MS.
so...... with that in mind and all the phone calls that have gotten me nowhere..... I ripped into a box of whoppers last night and ate them... all of them......tummy ache all night, but stepped on the scale this am and had lost a lb, lol.
I must be burning off the calories thru steam coming from my ears for all the temper tantrums I've had with the shippers lately.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks for the good wish. She had a biopsy 2 weeks ago, after 2 positive pap test. To close for comfort for sure.

Wow you know how to pick it Whoopers, aren't they the marshmallow ones.

Sorry to be the one but Kim you have to get a grip on it !!!!! We love you to much. Next time stomp your feet or even better get a punching bag. LOL

And You should relax before leaving. You can have a nice dinner when you come back.

We are having an Christmas eave celebration just my DH, 3 kids and mother gift exchange and games.
This is the first year that my daughters have boyfriends probably future son in laws material very serious business they are so happy it warms my heart. We will have all the new family members in between the holidays; as the boyfriends will celebrate with there parents.
Right now we are at the stage of shared custody LOL
huggs
h

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
no, Helene, Whoppers are the chocolate coated malted milk balls that come in a wax coated box, like the old milk cartons.
But marshmallow would be good too, lol
When I want to well and truly pig out, there seems to be no stopping me, and whopper seem to be the "slop" of choice right now.
Just think, Helene, next year, all those extra "guys" may be yours to keep, lol
Families always tend to be in flux when the kids get to the marrying age. Arguments and breakups happen so fast, then it's like musical chairs. You never know who will be sitting at your table the next time around.
huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

abnersmom responded:
Helene, I'm so happy your daughter got good news. Our health is our greatest blessing and it's something we take for granted way too often.

I, for one, am going to hug my family and friends a little closer this year knowing how blessed I am to have them. Too many families will be missing loved ones this Christmas. My heart goes out to them and I pray for their hearts to find some comfort knowing that millions of people share their pain and are praying for them.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy responded:
Hi Helene
so glad your daughter got good news there has been so much going on around us lately enough to make us worry thats for sure .
I sometimes think it is harder on us Moms when our kids have health issues than if we do ourselves.
Have a health Merry Christmas
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim about the missing bean bag chair didn't you get a tracking number so you could track it ...
also you gotta stop haveing temptations in the house if I had those I would cave too they aren't allowed in my house LOl
I like Helenes idea get a punching bag to take out frustrations on . I used to take an extra walk when I was haveing frustrations .
Good luck on your trip.. Oh about that easy Christmas Dinner
I used to make lasagna for christmas it was easy to prepar ahead of time and freeze it then pop it in the over when you need it ...it was my Chritmas dinner for many years especially good when the kids were small very little to do on the day and only one pan to wash ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Morning Judy.
About the bean bag chair. I placed the initial order for two video rocker beanbag chairs and 3 reg fuschia colored round ones on 12/12 and paid for 2 day air, UPS delivery. one rocker was pink, all of the pinkish ones were coming from a warehouse in Memphis, and the black one from Tenn. It was in 3 seperate deliveries, I got tracking numbers for all of them. I watched them come southwest every am and pm I checked on their status. On 12/15 the pink rocker came. On sunday I saw that the black rocker had landed in Jackson, MS UPS depot. On Monday, it was still there and I got the pink round ones delivered. So I called UPS who told me that I had to have the shipper contact them to trace the pkg backward. UPS checked it into their facility, yet it's the shippers responsibility.... weird.... but ok. Wayfair called UPS while still online with me, UPS cant locate the pkg.... I could understand if this was a box up to , say, 12in x 12in... but this box is 3.5 FEET x 3 FEET x 3 FEET..... not a small pkg.
So Wayfair orders me another one and promises delivery by 12/21. But as of last night, I still haven't gotten a new tracking number, and they have sent email that I should expect pkg on or by 12/24...... um no. I'm taking the car to Michigan, we are delivering all of these presents Fri night to MS. this is becoming a nightmare.
As for the temptations, i DIDN'T have them in the house, I was so upset I went and bought them specifically to punish myself for being upset, or for whatever the reason was atm. We'll just chalk it up to emotional eating, the stress of worrying about the drive north, the stupid weather that has been holding steady for the last 3 weeks then decides to throw a good high winds/rain and snow storm fit that is supposed to stretch the entire upper middle belt of the U.S during my expected travel time so there's no way I'm gonna avoid it......gahhhhhh.
eyeroll
I'll prolly make up a lasagna for them to pop into the oven on Christmas, or at least bring in ingredients for cody and alex to throw together , since they both have that day off.
huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Gee maybe next time you have to reorder have the thing sent to the address of the person recieving the gift . then it wouldn't matter if it was delivered on Christmas eve ...I assume you will be on the road by then ..
I get that Kim about going out and getting something to soothe frustrations

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
How on earth were you planning on fitting not one, or two, but FIVE 3 x 3 x 3.5 foot boxes in your car for this drive???!
-Kali

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
-Henry Ford

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:

Hi Kim, got confused with the whippets that we have up here.

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Helene, I went looking for your whippets, and I'm only coming up with what Demi Moore od'd on early this year, lol
do you mean the chocolate bar by Nestle's called a Walnut Whip??

I just found this in an international candy suppliers listing, but they arent readily available in stores here in the US

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Well, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum, lol
You are too young to remember that phrase , probably, I believe it's from Monty Python, but actually, I am taking the chairs out of their boxes, wrapping them in cheapy Christmas themed thin plastic table cloths, ends tied with a ribbon, then folding the boxes flat and taking them with. Then when we meet up with Little Mike, who has a standard sized pickup truck, we will reassemble the boxes with packing tape, slide the "wrapped" chairs back into them and reseal the boxes, Put names on outside of each then stack the boxes in the truck, lol.
Bean bags are very smooshy and all will fit in the backseat of my little Prizm as long as they are out of box. And they are very light. a little kid can drag around an adult beanbag so that wont be a problem either. The boxes actually weigh more than the chairs.
lol, you just gotta think "outside of the box" Kali !!
huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I tried that too. Usually we do ship to Little Mike directly, but I wanted to WRAP the suckers this year and he just hands it over to the kids, no wrap. Which imho kinda sux. Whats 'Christmas without Wrap????? Lol
and OH yeh, I hope to be IN michigan by Christmas Eve. Though if I arrive late enough, all depending on this terrible storm hitting the Midwest right now, I may spend another night in a hotel just outside of town to get another good nights sleep before waking everybody's butts up on Christmas morning
huggs
k

blondie454u responded:
Glad everything turned out fine!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi , I am new to this group but I like what I have read on the discussion board. I have always been yo-yoing for as long as I can remember. Six years ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.