Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Menu for Chrismas Dinner
mefirstforever posted:
Here goes the plan,

First it's hors d'Å?uvres, crackers with smoked ousters, smoked salmon. Yogourt vegetable dip with all sorts of fresh veggies. Roasted turkey breasts with all the dressings Asparagus, beets, sweet potato, home made cranberry sauce, Fresh mixed salad. Desserts, variety of tarts, mince meat, blueberry and butter pecan. Myth throw in a Christmas log will see.

It myth seem like a lot but I always take only one serving and don't eat lunch. We don't have to indulge too much tomorrow is another day.
And we could always dance the cha cha cha to burn some calories LOL

Hope you all have a great holiday season.

Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout responded:
very nice menu , Helene, save a spot for me.
with my travel plans , we are still up in the air as to when we will hold our Christmas down here. I'm thinking if the boys really want Christmas before I go, then , we will just have to eat the "big Christmas dinner" after I return because I truly cannot see myself killing myself cooking all day, then the very next morning before daybreak setting out on a 24 hr road trip..... ummmmm , no.
If nothing else, I may just do a Mexican feast on thurs or fri , whenever i can get everyone together, then do the rest later. no idea.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
What's a Mexican feast ??

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Oh something a bit quicker to make and bake than the usual ham or turkey.... like seafood enchiladas, reg beef enchiladas and el grande nachos supreme. Two hearty casseroles and a finger food dish, lol. sounds about right to me.
plus , maybe flan. Instead of baking my own, I could hop down to chile verde and just buy 5 individual flan desserts and that would cut alot of time.
Its actually sounding better and better the more I think on it.
huggs
k
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Mine will consist of 2 meals:

Breakfast:

French toast
sausage balls
bacon
eggs

Supper:

Ham and the fixings. Not sure on everything because I am not cooking it. My in-laws are.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Probably waffles or cinamon rolls for breakfast and a ham for dinner.

Cookie baking, etc. Already made/ate the gingerbread house. My college son, his high school girlfriend and I like it most. I bought it, they volunteered to make it. And this year it was very fresh! yummy!

Bought a snicker doodle cookie mix, they made that together yesterday! Shared it with other friends.

My other son made a new chocolate pretzel recipe for school today, and for friend party here after school today!

My weight is sort of steady. I keep up with my core exercises, and lots of shopping...

Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

mefirstforever replied to justmejust's response:
All your Dinners and Breakfast sound so good!!!

I have to start getting a mind set on what will happened after January 3. Start thinking about strategies and start applying on D day.

Maybe some of you don't need this but I'm a long term planner, I have to brew thing a long time before I start acting.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Ladies I am makeinng my lasagna for Christmas eve
but Christmas day My daughter and her hubby want to get chinese so I said ok
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone My name is Jackie I'm 63 years old I began this journey to lose weight about 3 years ago to no avail. I would lose five or six po...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.