Skip to content
Introduction...
nidiac posted:
Hi everyone, my name is Nidia, I am 31 years old, and I have been overweight my entire life, I have tried a lot of diets and exercise programs but I am never able to accomplish them, I think that my biggest problem is that I do not have enough willpower to keep going, I am very happy to have found this page and hopefully get the support I need to make a difference in my life this time.

abnersmom responded:
Hi Nidia, Welcome. We are glad to have you join our group. What's your plan as you start your healthy journey? Most of us have given up processed foods, increased fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and track our food intake through a food and fitness planner either here or another one like fitday.com. Let us know how we can help.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy responded:
Hi nidiac
welcome aboard the reasons diets fail is because you do them then go back to old eating habits often loseing weight and regaining more than you lost .
the real way to remove weight is to change your eating habits slowly getting the healthy stuff in proper portions more and more ... avoid the proccessed foods as much as you can they are designed to make you eat more of them .Become an avid label reader and refuse to eat things made with trans fat also known as hydrogenated oils . Often times manufacurers will lie on the labels and say zero trans fats then you read the list of ingredients and hydrogenated oils are listed ..
also drink water in place of other liquids that are loaded with calories

to get an idea of what you are currently eating use a site such as fitday.com or web mds food and fitness planner
they are free to use .. measure or weigh your foods to get anaccurate calorie count . this will be a life change not a temorary diet once you get to goal weight and are comfy with the journey planned indulgences can happen like holiday stuff with eating low cals a few day before and a few days after thats how I maintain my weight reduction.

well anyway once you know how much you are eating then look for ways to cut some of the items out or reduce the size of them . there are benifits to eating healthy over time you will feel better and be less likley to get sick .
it is no secret to the fact of eating vegies fruit lean meats fat free dairy whole grains and nuts in moderation is a healthier way to live ..
Just begin by looking closely at your eating habits and make changes you can live with for life Identify your "trigger foods" and stop buying them ..
this is the best info I have
I would love to share your succes with you so stick around and fill us in on how you are doingOK
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi nidiac, welcome.
Judy has given you good advice. Just start a food and fitness planner, here or Fitday.com or elsewhere to log and track your intake and exercise output. These planners are a pretty good tool and , I think, essential especially when first starting out. They help keep you on track and really looking at and realizing how much you actually eat, when you have to log it. It kinda keeps it real.
Walk whenever you can, take the stairs and park further away from your destination. Do everything you can to get in more exercise than you are doing right now.
Just cutting calories and watching your nutrition cannot do the whole job, it takes some extra "effort" with exercise.
drink at least 64 oz of water every day
Keep blogging, because these ladies here, will always be there to help you through good times and bad.
We here, have started our own recipes discussion.
these recipes have been tested and tried and found to be literally "good enough to eat" and are good examples of nutritionally sound menu items.
heres the link
save to "my discussions" so that you can easily find it when or if you want to revisit it, or to share your own.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2523

kim
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

nidiac replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you so much for your words, you are already helping me, I think the best think of a comunnity like this one is having someone who actually believes I can do this. I arrive at home on the 25th so my food and fitness plan starts officially on the 26th, I am using webmd as a planner and I am joining a gym near my house. I think the most important thing for me is to find a way to stay motivated since I am looking forward to lose 97 pounds, I know it is gonna be a long way to go but I think I am gonna make it this time, thanks a lot.

jis4judy replied to nidiac's response:
Yes Nidiac you can do it I am looking forward to seeing you succeed . Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

nidiac replied to nidiac's response:
Thank you, to all of you, I really appreciate your support, from my last message, you already know my plans, I really hope to make a change in my life this time, and also I offer you my support in any way I can, thanks.

abnersmom replied to nidiac's response:
You CAN do it, Nidiac! Share your successes and slip-ups with us. Remember the 80/20 rule - if you get it right 80% of the time, you will be successful! No one is perfect; you will slip, but the difference for us is that we get right back on our plans! After Christmas, I plan to post my meals here again to keep myself accountable. I've been indulging in foods I usually avoid at Christmas parties, but reining it in on the days in between. That's huge for me because a couple of years ago I would have just continued a binge. So far maintaining at 150! Yay me! Girl, if I can do this, you can too!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

nidiac replied to abnersmom's response:
This is the first time I hear about the 80/20 rule but it makes a lot of sense and it also makes me very hopeful, I hope to share my progress with all of you and once again, I really appreciate your support!!!

jis4judy replied to nidiac's response:
Hi Nidiac
I use 90/10 om my journey because I am still struggleing with food addiction so I try to keep my indugences small You will be well served to do at least 80/20 even when maintaining later
Hugs Judy:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been struggling with my weight for about 15 years. I was doing well after having three kids and was on my way to losing all my baby weight. The...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.