Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The NEED for support and short term goals........
jean4u posted:
BTW, HAPPY Holidays to ALL!!!

Going off board for awhile, I have time to think and self-motivate, but it's just not the same without my board buddies. So I'm telling you, you have been in my thoughts. I could hear your voices when I was going on sodium-overload, etc.. I could also hear your voices to get back to the healthy journey.

Thanks guys! I hope you heard my voice, too.

I am going on another road trip and I am making my list of "healthy must haves". Taking the time to prepare takes the temptation out of travel.

I was thinking that I need a short term goal. The time between Christmas and New Year's is about a week. The thing here is that some of us (ME) are starting to fall back to old habits.

Here's what I am going to do to re-set my focus. Drink 64 oz. water, watch sodium, portion control, increase fresh veggies and fruits and move more (even when my regular exercise machines are not available).

I think this time period is important for me to push re-set and not wait until 2013.

Barb

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome back Barb, I'ved mist you too!!!

2012 was not a good year for me in loosing weight, I managed to maintain most of what I had lost in 2011.

So here I start again with a gain of 5 pounds at 201 this morning.

Thanks for sharing your re-set plan
you can do it!!! We can do it !!!

Hugs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.2 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind including to yourself and smile.

jean4u replied to mefirstforever's response:
Yep, Helene, it really is about keeping on the healthy journey. I went up a few too, but it is not so much about the scale as it is to treat our bodies as they deserve.

I read Judy's blog about not feeling so good after the holiday food and I think the sodium is making me feel crappy, just sluggish.

Push RE-SET, it's time!!!

Barb

abnersmom responded:
Happy holidays, Barb. Glad you checked in before you are off traveling again. I am determined to take the weight I've gained over the past week off before the New Year. I think most of mine will come of pretty quickly since, like you, I ate a lot of salty foods that I rarely eat (ham, bacon, etc.). I totally agree that we shouldn't wait until after New Year's to get back on track. I fear that if I don't get control TODAY, I might never get back on track.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

blondie454u responded:
Glad you could stop by. Good to see that you are resetting your focus. Sometimes we have too and we don't always realize it. That's the hard part is realizing we need to reset. Have a safe trip.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I just saw the group for the first time today. Hello, three years ago I was a size 24, now I am an 8 and have one size to go. I had a hard time with s...More

Helpful Tips

Computer Troubleshooting
I know this is unrelated but I know some of you are not as computer savvy as I am so here is website that a co-worker have created for ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.