Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
back on track
abnersmom posted:
Good morning! Rainy day here, but am looking forward to a relaxing day. Back on track with food and boy do I feel better! Haven't lost all I gained yet, but am making good progress. Hopefully, back to 150 by New Years.

Baking whole wheat bread this morning. I used to bake bread a lot, but stay too busy nowadays. I'm making the most of my time off from work.

Happy Friday, everyone,
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie I am feeling my way back to normal again I have no idea why this year is harder for me than previous years
I haven;t even weighed myself yet I have to stick to plan for at least 3 days in a row before I get on that scale . starting good again today My clothes still fit so maybe it isn;t a bad as I think . It could be haveing been sick after the Chinese food that I feel less satisfied with my holiday .trying again today a healthy breakfast 1/2 an orange 1/2 C bran cereal mixed with 1/4C kashi heart to heart and 1/4C great grains 2.4 Oz strawberries 1/2 C fat free milk.. a sprinkle of cinnamon
280 cals so far today
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Happy Friday to you too!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mefirstforever responded:
R & R Bebbie I love it! Happy Friday to you too! Maintaining in the holiday is an achievement on it's own.

I try to make home made wheat bread but it,s always to heavy. Maybe you have a trick or recipe.

Talking about the weather It fell 20 inches of snow in 12 hours yesterday, and today it's a sunny winter wonderland !!!

Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

abnersmom replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene, My whole wheat bread recipe actually calls for more white flour (3 Cups vs. 2 Cups) than whole wheat flour so I guess that's why it's not too heavy. Made 2 loaves and gave one to my neighbor. Had a slice toasted with 1 cup of tomato basil soup for lunch. Yummy!

I can't even imagine 20 inches of snow. Here in TN we so rarely get snow and if we do at the most it's 1 or 2 inches.

Judy, Your breakfast cereal mix sounds awesome! I'm going to try that for sure. Love all the Kashi whole grain stuff. They make a great stone ground wheat cracker - I think it's pretty healthy for a cracker. I've done well today too. You already know my lunch; breakfast was 1 C. oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts and a splash of milk. I'm at 600 cals. for the day so far, but hungry so I just made a cup of green tea. It helps.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Debbie I used to make a whole wheat bread but trouble is it tasted too good and I ate too much of it LOl My bakeing is forever curbed only brought out on holidays ...
I think I have it somewhere in my recipes
Maybe if I find it I can post it..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
I found it Whole Wheat Raisin Oats Bread

2 tbls dry Yeast

3 cups warm water

1 cup raisins I use seed instead

1/2 cup sun flower seeds

1/4 cups poppy seeds

1/4 cups sesame seeds or flax

2/3 cup molasses or Honey I use Honey

1/4 cup veg. oil

1 tbls salt

2/3 cup rolled oats

7 to 8 cups Whole Wheat Flour You can

divide it to half white flour

add honey to warm water add yeast and stir

until dissolved

set in a warm place until mixture bubbles

vigorously about

15 minutes

(if you use raisins use 2 cups warm water in

the yeast

honey mixture and soak the raisins

in the other cup of water)

add 4 cup flour to yeast mixture after it

bubbles

beat until smooth

add rolled oats salt

add more flour and seeds and need until

smooth

place in large butter bowl until rises to

double in size
punch down and then divide into 3 small

round balls

let rise again for 10 minutes

then shape into loves and place to bread

pans

place in warm place until double

Bake in 375 oven for BOUT 1/2 HR

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy. Your recipe is similar to one that I have for a high protein bread. It is a heavy bread though and lots of cals.
I know what you mean about the temptation. That's why I gave one loaf away. Halved the other loaf and froze half just in case I wanted to get carried away. So far, so good. Had roasted squash, onions and tomatoes with a broiled chicken breast for dinner so I had a very good food day yesterday. Feeling good again!

Hi Debbie that dinner sounds supper yummy I love roasted squash and onions yum
doing pretty good the last few days still carrying around the cookie weight but My measurements are a tad smaller
because I am wearing some corderoy pants I could not fasten a year ago and they are loose .

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy that's great about the pants. The scale is not the be all - end all, is it? Good luck to your Patriots. After a shaky start. tjey've ended up with a great year.

MiaPa1208 replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi there , happy New year. so glad these holidays are over!!! ate more then my share but its ok. Cant even weigh myself today, this my first day of gettimg back on track since i got my monthly and my weight is off a lot this time a month. I bought that book-"eat this not that diet" awesome! i have all of the rest from these series, really fun and easy to follow. Hope all is vell and we will get to our goal weight this year with no trouble
Mia: SW 270'ish,CW 165, GW 150/ 5'9

Hi Debbie my Patriots have me hopeing for the best but I am aware that some of those teams in the playoffs are pretty good so we shall see I am gonna watch the other teams this weekend to see what they have or haven;t got ...
If My Patriots play their best I know they can win ..
even in those 3 games they lost early on they only lost by 1 or 2 points 4 points total difference in the 3 losses...
Thanks for the scale isn;t the answer all the time we do know that from experience now ..

Marci320 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I think the Patriots are going to be in the Super Bowl. Not so sure about my poor Packers. We will find out on Saturday!

Marci320 replied to MiaPa1208's response:
There you are, Mia! Good to see you! I'm glad the holidays are over too. I'm not weighing myself for the month of January. I think Judy or someone suggested that here and I think it is a great idea not to be discouraged by the number on the scale.

I look forward to catching up with you and everyone on here!

Marci

jean4u replied to MiaPa1208's response:
Hi Mia, I think books are great to get us thinking about making better choices. I bought a few diabetic cooking books on sale. I am not diabetic but they have some good ideas with low-glycemic foods, such as using brown rice and lots of veggies, etc..

BTW, I fell off the elliptical wagon lately and I think of you and how much time you logged in on that.

I feel so lucky to have this site for support in 2013 to help me and keep me focused on my work towards my healthy lifestyle.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 41 yrs old and just had our 4th (and last baby). I currently weigh 188 lbs and am 5' 4". With all of my pregnancies I have had gestation...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.