Skip to content
Blast From the Past
Marci320 posted:
Hi guys--not sure who is even here anymore but I do see Judy and Amber, and I heard Mia was here! Where are ya, Mia? I miss ya!

After some health setbacks I'm back and ready to get back in better shape so I hope to see all my old pals here and get and give support.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas (or Hanukah, or Kwanza, or whatever you celebrate) and that 2013 will be a health one for us all.

Love and hugs,

Marci
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Marci320 responded:
And I just saw a post from Barb! Hi Barb!!!!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Marci welcome back so good to see you again here
Mia was here for a while a week or so ago but must have been busy over Christmas . Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Marci320 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks, Judy. I'll be glad to get back to exercising. My eating isn't bad but between the medication I'm taking and not being able to exercise all this time I'm not nearly in as good shape as I was when I was here last. I'm going to take it slow and just walk for now.

I've got one more eating occasion this year (my son's birthday dinner) and then, thankfully, I think I'm done with fattening food until my birthday in March.

Hope you are set to have a great New Year!

Hugs,

Marci

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Marci,
Welcome back, I like to introduce myself, my name is Helene, I've been around for the last 2 years, first year I lost 30 pounds and the second just maintained and gained back 5 pounds.

2013 will be a year to push the reset button for me.

Hope to learn more about your journey.
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

abnersmom replied to Marci320's response:
Hi Marci, It's nice to see folks come back. I've been here for a little over a year. All these ladies have been a great source of inspiration, support and information for me on my journey. I plan to stick around so that I can be successful in maintaining like many others on here. Sorry that you have had some health problems. Glad you came back to share with us.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Marci320 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks for the welcome, Helene and Debbie! I look forward to hearing about your journeys too.

To make a long story short, in January of 2010 I had decided to get healthy. I joined this board in April, 2010 and the support I received here was wonderful. It also felt good to try to help others as well. By the end of 2010 I had lost over 100 pounds and continued to lose until March of 2011 when everything came to a crashing halt. I'm not going to go into detail, but it was a female thing and I ended up being unable to exercise while being pumped with hormones because my doctor didn't want to perform surgery if he didn't have to. After things went from bad to worse, I finally underwent surgery in July of this year. My doctor said I would be okay in 6 months to try exercising again, and even though it isn't exactly the 6-month mark, I'm going to take it really slow and see what I can do. While I was going through all the medical stuff I wasn't tracking my food or hanging around here but I always missed everyone here so I'm back again.

I hope you both have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve and that 2013 will be one of your best years ever.

Hugs,

Marci

rohvannyn replied to Marci320's response:
Welcome back! We may or may not have met, but it's glad to see old faces coming back. Have a great New Year!
Roh SW 220ish and fluffy CW 178.0 GW 140ish and buff

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jean4u responded:
MARCI,

I am soo glad to see you! Sorry to hear that you had those health issues but good that you got them taken care of. Sometimes that takes time, especially when the doc want to do trials. My DH is going through some similar stuff and that is frustrating to me (the trials not the female issues, although he may say he has female issues w/me)LOL.

I started here in Jan., 2010, too! These boards gave me the lifeline I needed. Now, in 2013 I need to push RESET and do what I know I need to do.

Barb

P.S. Look forward to the sharing here in 2013.

Marci320 replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks for the welcome, Roh, and Happy New Year to you!

Barb, I have missed you! Glad to hear that your hubby doesn't have female problems other than you. LOL But I hear ya about the trials. I wanted to just scream at my doctor to yank everything out since I wasn't popping out anymore kids, but I guess he knew what he was doing. In any event, I have press the RESET button myself and I'm looking forward to being able to share 2013 with you and everyone else here.

Mwah!

Marci

jean4u replied to Marci320's response:
Marci, Good that you are staying on your healthy eating and have set to work more on exercise. Looking back at 2012 and setting, even short term goals for 2013 is my plan.

I can see that changes in my routine has really made me gradually do less in my day toward my healthy lifestyle.

The good news is that I know I can make the changes back to "healthy" lifestyle. It is about those small changes, isn't it? Just like getting off our track, the small (not so good) changes that add up, too.

I'm not going for 100%. Just 80% on track and 20% off a bit.

Most important, we are not robots and a slip or a binge does not mean we can't do this, or that we have to continue the slip. Get over it, it happens. I'm talking about when not moving becomes a routine, too. My elliptical is like "who the heck are you"? LOL

Let's make 2013 a year of progress!

Barb

P.S. Had some grapefruit and pineapple and 1/4 cup ff/cottage cheese, 2 mugs tea. Going to mall walk for 1 hr. Going to re-aquaint myself to elliptical later. Must get back to 64 oz. water (my weakl area). Also, I like to eat dinner late that's my 20's not so good.

blondie454u replied to Marci320's response:
Marci!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you here!

I was wondering where you have been especially when I see your fb posts.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Marci320 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks, Barb for the good wishes. I know we can all do this! I'm all for making 2013 a year of progress.

Thanks, Amber!

Yeah, I'm on FB but it is time to get back here and get down to the business of getting healthy again.

I'm already a little discouraged. I feel like I have so much energy and have a very active lifestyle, but when I got on my recumbent bike last night while watching TV I could barely do anything without tiring out. I'm going to keep at it though and try to do a little more each day.

Good news is that my eating was really good and I drank all my water.

jis4judy replied to Marci320's response:
Marci
I had the same problem with useing my recumbent bike I barely got 4 minutes till I had to quit then I went back again the afternoon and did get in 13 minutes eventually it does get better Just keep trying I know one winter I was up to 40 minutes on that recumbent bike .. but it allways starts with the few minutes a then second try is better and so on ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to Marci320's response:
Celebrate the eating part, Marci, and don't get discouraged about the bike. It will all come together. YOU know this does not happen overnight!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 48 and would like to shed 50 pounds. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years; I love to be active outdoors; I feel like I have a healthy lifesty...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.