Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confessions
justmejust posted:
Happy New Year 2013 everyone!

I confess that in 2012 I gained 10 pounds back from the 30 I lost the two previous years. Though I gained slowly throughout the year, I put on the last five from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

My chiropractor is giving me some relief from right leg pain and numbness due to a nerve. Before symptom improvement I wasn't able to work out and had to stop my 2 to 3 mile daily walks. This gave me more time to be sitting around and eating the chocolate kisses, etc. I think I am eating the wrong foods to stuff my feelings of boredom and low self worth.

Hope I can tune up my mindset and my walking and find some new mental stimulation. I was taking college art classes (already have an art degree), but completing three hour long art classes during semester finals created too much stress. I did well, but didn't get as creative as I wanted on a project because of time during finals weeks, and was bored with that piece, and now I don't know if I want to do anymore art. Also, the classes I wanted this semester with the teachers I want and times I need filled because I was too busy with my projects, so now I don't won't to take any classes.

Thanks for listening.

Hugs, Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Laura,

You certainly didn't get it easy in 2012 with the pain and all the stress.
Hope 2013 brings you relief and calm.

You know that the artist is the harshest judge. I bet the creation you did was excellent. There is no bad art there is only bad critic. Never stop creating it is your release valve.

Hug
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Laura I gained about 4 pounds over thankgiving and Christmas I am in the proccess of retraining my brain to want only healthy foods thats my way to getting back on my journey after a fall ..
Sorry to hear of your pain and being unable to walk thats a bit hard to deal with... maybe you can do those sitting exercises that were posted a while back
you might want to just use your inner creativeness for something related to art and maybe not the same old thing ...classes in art used to bore me ..
I hope you feel better soon
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to mefirstforever's response:
Thanks Helene,

That means a lot to me. Right now, I feel negative about persuing my art even if only for my own enjoyment. Don't know if I am as interested as I thought I was. I guess I'll wait and see. I am making a goal to get healthy for a while again.

How is your path to health going?

Laura
Laura 155 - 198 - 225 Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection. Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight.

Marci320 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear that you have had some physical setbacks but hopefully you can get enough relief to get going again.

As far as your art goes, have you ever thought of volunteering to be an art docent for one of the schools in your area? You probably wouldn't need any training with your background and it wouldn't be as difficult as sitting in a class for hours at a time. Maybe it would help spark your enthusiasm for art again. Just a thought.

Well, I hope you will get back on track in 2013, and I look forward to hearing about your many successes!

Marci

abnersmom responded:
Hi Laura, It's a new year! Release all those negatives from last year and begin anew. You can do it. Here's hoping you have a much better 2013. I think Marci has a great idea. There's nothing better for self-esteem than helping others in some way.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jean4u responded:
Hi Laura, Happy 2013! We can release the negative that we all get at times. Deep breath and breathe in the positive that is here.

Very easy to put back on the weight when we gradually drift off our healthy lifestyle. I put on 4-5. I am doing better and getting back 80% on plan.

I can hear that you are struggling with the art-thing. If it caused you stress, then re-think that plan. Maybe a break is good for now.

I hope your legs are doing better. Incapacity and compromised mobility can play havoc on your mind as well as body.

We have to forgive ourselves for not being perfect and set reasonable goals for 2013 and count our blessings that we are here to work at them.

Barb

blondie454u responded:
Glad you're back. I hope you stick around. I love your art work or at least the stuff you have posted on fb. You are a very talented lady.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

justmejust replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie! Will work to release those negatives!

justmejust replied to jean4u's response:
Thanks so much Barb! I will remember to forgive myself now.

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Aww. Thank you Amber. So kind of you to say so!

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy, great idea! I have my thinking cap on how to use my inner creativeness for something related. Everyone is being so helpful. Thank you. This board is where I turn to when I need help and fresh ideas. So grateful for you all here! I am feeling more positive now thanks to you all!

Blessings,
Laura

totallywiggedout responded:
laura. the best thing to know is that even if we slip.. the rest of this group is right here waiting to catch us before we truly fall.
i too confess to my sins. the last several momths of 2012 werent well kept on my journey. although i pretty much maintained...i did not lose as i had planned or wished which will of course change my projected "due date" for my goals by at least that many months.
exasperating as it is..its not like we should/or will give up. in the end it will make us stronger.
huggs
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.