Skip to content
Hello, just starting out
Jenni3340 posted:
Not sure how to start, but must start somewhere. Never really had a weight prob. Until moving out of the city into somewhat of a country life. Before walked everywhere, now I drive. So I've gained ALOT of weight over the past 8 yrs. also the eating that comes with the part.don't have much support from people around me so going to try to do this on my own,guess this is why I'm on here just looking for a little guidance and hope.

jis4judy responded:
Welcome aboard Jenni
that is quite a change in lifestyle you made 8 years ago
Maybe just logg everything you eat for a while to find out where the excess calories are comeing from.
then make some changes and find a way to move more to replace all the walking you used to do ..
Chooseing better foods that promote health is the best way to do this that way you can make the changes nessesary to keep the weight off .. for good
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
Jenni, Welcome here! The important thing is you did start. Getting your mind on track is key.

Having people around that are supportive is good, but not necessary. YOU are the one who will have to do it. It is about making small changes and healthier choices.

Share YOUR journey!

Barb

BTW, we are here 24/7!

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Jenni, Welcome1
I'm currently mostly "away" because I am currently , AWAY lol
Still on vacation but am within 3 days of relaunching my trip back south.
I am sitting at the local Culvers which conveniently has an electrical outlet under every wall table and has free net access.... unfortunatly also has very nice frozen yogurt, lol
To start, you already have. Stopping here is the first step to realizing your goal.
Most of us here will attest to the powers of blogging buddies on this page as being one of the best tools to utilize for your journey.
The next thing I always suggest is to start a food and fitness planner, here or on fitday.com or some other free site. It's painless and keeps you honest with yourself on your intake and gives you caloric/exercise goals to shoot for.
Mind you, NOTHING is set in stone. NOTHING. We all stay flexible and go with the flow of our bodies and our temperaments to achieve balance in our journies.
This isn't a diet. This is your life, by your standards, with your tastes and needs set by you and for you.
We just help.
If you need advice, or recipes or free exercises for particular physical limitations, we can help point some out .
If you need to vent. we are here
If you hit a road block, like a plateau, blog about it , it helps get you through.
Basicly, you have come to the right place.
Stick with us and we can help you stick to your goals and achieve what you desire most....
welcome aboard
kim
Kim SW 243 CW 180.4 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

One day I awoke from an emotional coma and found I was 100 pounds overweight. Years of rejection and coping left me lonely and isolated...from myself....More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.