Skip to content
Help!
cherfred1016 posted:
My weight has been up and down so many times over the last 10 years its not funny. I start a diet and give up after 2 or 3 wks, gaining back all I have lost and usually plus some. I have tried the food planner on here, tried slim fast, tried other diets but nothing sticks. I don't know what else to do anymore. The only thing left (in my opinion) is bypass because then I can't eat more than I should. If anyone has any ideas as to what I can do, please help!

jis4judy responded:
Hi Diets are not recomened Life style changes is the way to go make changes in your eating habits you can live with for life // take up hobbies that keep your mind occupied sometimes helps with avoiding eating from habit
we have a few regulars on here that have removed 100 pounds some more some a little less .. so we know it can be done .. It is getting your thinking under control and makeing small changes one at a time until you have all your old habits replaced .. this works and we are here to support you along the way check in and join the conversation
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
I second what Judy says. I was like you and had removed weight only to gain it back several times. I've totally changed my thinking about food and what it means to me. It's fuel - not comfort. You can do this. Like Judy says, find other things to fulfill you and food will become less important (although still enjoyable).
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice. You have to change your mindset slow and steady. You have to find your self worth and motivation.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone today I came across this website and decided to be A NEW ME! I will need your help so if you have any for a newbe like can you share? T...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.