Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mini goals for January
abnersmom posted:
1. Get back to exercising! Walk 3 miles 5 to 6 days a week.
2. Eat red meat only 1 day per week (indulged in this way too much over holidays)
3. Dust off that yoga dvd and do it 3 times a week.

Still maintaining, but my exercise (always my weak point) has been pathetic. Hopefully, seeing this in print will get me going again. I need motivation, gals!!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Debbie
sounds like great goals to me I will have to dust off my yoga DVD and begin that again too// I am still maintaining the highest weight I got to after Christmas was what I was maintaining at for abit over 8 years today I peaked at the scale I am 151 today so 2 of my cookie pounds are gone .Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 149ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Ok Debbie when do we start !!!!

I have stretching DVD I think it's the one for me tomorrow morning.
Let's check in tomorrow and see how much exercise everyone did !!!

It's a date lol
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

mefirstforever replied to jis4judy's response:
Yay Judy 2 pounds down !!
Helene GW 140 CW 201 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

abnersmom replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene, I'm happy to report that I did my yoga video yesterday AND got in 3 miles walking. Keep after me Helene, I've got to do this for my health.

Judy, Congrats on the 2 lbs.! Also, thanks for posting. It helps to know that even if maintenance is a struggle, it can be done!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You are imperfect, permanentlyand inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. - Amy Bloom

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Good Job Debbie on getting the yoga done and the 3 mile walk wtg I did my 3 mile walk and finished the undecorating after Christmas yesterday ... I hope to get the yoga in soon though maybe today ...
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jean4u responded:
64 oz. water (release some of the sodium weigt).

Get back to low carb and low sodium.

Move more!

Debbie, I guess somebody had to do it! LOL Get us back to IT!!! I was in la-la-land there for awhile.

Barb

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I'm so jealous, down 2! WTG!!!!!

Barb

jis4judy replied to jean4u's response:
Oh Barb I am only down 2 of the 4 extra pounds I gained over the holidays stilll have 2 to go
Hugs Judy:)

tristaj90 responded:
I also need to get back into exercising more. I have only been hitting the gym up about 2 maybe 3 times a week..and some of those are light workouts.
So my goals are:
1. Exercising 3-4 times a week (at home and the gym).
2. Cutting back on sweets/diet soda (the holidays really got mre going with this again).
3. Lose 4 pounds.
~SW 234 CW 145.2 Goal 135~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt

abnersmom replied to jean4u's response:
Hey Barb, I need to get focused on this exercise so to be honest, the original post was all about me, but it sounds like I'm not the only one needing a kick in the butt!

Got 3 miles in yesterday. Back at work today so this afternoon will be tough to get myself motivated. When I get home and it's getting darkish, I have a tough time getting myself out the door. It's a beautiful day here though so NO EXCUSES.

blondie454u responded:
Mine is just to keep doing what I am doing. Going to the gym everyday and walking. My husband has been going as well. We are keeping each other motivated.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

jean4u replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I am down 1/2, so it is going to be a slow-go for me, but with the support here I can keep going.

Barb

P.S. I am still jealous! I know, though you DO the work to get where you are.

jean4u replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie, Those size 8 jeans are the CARROT!

Barb

jean4u replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, Your posts about working each day keep me inspired and seeing that I have to work at this healthy lifestyle, to maintain what I have achieved. I know it is worth the effort.

Nice that your DH is your fitness partner.

Barb

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Melanie and I am in college. Since I was young I was obese. I first realized I was overweight in 4th grade when the school nurse weighed me...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.